Brinkmann 3 Watt Luxeon LED Aluminum Flashlight

This is going to be awesome. All the brightness of my Streamlight Jr. Luxeon light with the brute force power of D-Cells. I won’t carry it in my pocket like I do my current one, but when I actually know I’m going to need a flashlight for an extended task this will do it just nice. In for 2.

Its 2x as Shock and Water resistant.

Shock and water resistant

Water resistant and shock resistant

Seems kind of large to only take 2 D batteries… guess it is a weight thing, I would prefer heavier and longer life.

This company seems to have a history of recalls… and records of their products killing consumers…

http://www.brinkmann.net/Customer%20Service/ProductRecalls.aspx#cajun

Excellent. I was hoping for a BF deal on some sort of flashlight for myself and the GF. Thanks.

Ummm…another two because…are the last ones no longer working or you need two more for other places?

19.96 at walmart
good reviews

walmart

Anyone know what kind of Luxeon LED is used in this?

Here’s an interesting thread at CandlePowerForums on Cree v. Luxeon

what’s better, this or a Surefire 6P / G2 LED?

i have a 3 cell standard Mag and a 2 cell LED 3 watt Mag. the LED mag is WAY brighter than my 3 cell. it is brighter than the 5 cell i bought my friend after he was joking about my 3 cell too much. these 3 watt bulbs are not like key chain LEDs, they are really bright.

one thing to think about though: these things will burn bright and burn long and won’t fade, but once the batteries get below a certain point, it just doesn’t work. one time you will be using it and it will just shut off.

I don’t have this flashlight, but i would swear by a 3-watt LED

How many people do you think they can kill with 3V? It’s using two D cells.

Here’s a link to a review of this light from candlepowerforums:

Candlepowerforums

Scroll down for pictures of beamshots compared to Maglite’s 3W LED.

brad

I am looking to Bash Some Heads in…

That’s what I was thinking of using them for - good call.

Here you go:
Maglight Info

Does anyone know if you can focus the beam like with the Maglites?

I’m hesitant to jump on this because I know how my Mag works…Never heard of a Brinkmann flashlight.

Fair enough, but I’m incredibly clumsy with flashlights. I have a tendancy to drop them and/or use them to hammer tent stakes in. Will this hold up as well as my Mag?

( 0.15 ~ 1/7 ) x luminous flux of a 60 W incandescent light bulb (~ 800 lm )

Not very bright [relatively speaking], but at 9.99 it’s not a bad deal.

You can’t. See the CPF post. Here it is again:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2330338

In for three btw. Doesn’t quite match my Fenix L2D but that’s a $50 light and I’m getting three of these for $35.