Broadxent BritePort Cable Modem

pricing for future reference

product(s): 1 Broadxent BritePort 8601 Broadband Cable Modem
condition: New

$9.99 + $5 shipping

DOCSIS 1.1 … Will not work in my area with comcast. Check your provider.

I’m Time Warner or road runner or whatever they are calling themselves right now. Will this work with TW Cable? And if I get this, will all i need to do is pay for the service and not rent their modem?

Woot! For Stephen Colbert! Too bad he’s no longer running for president. :frowning:

Comcast is going DOCSIS 3, don’t bother if you want good speed in the future.

If you listen to hannah montana i cant bring you into my home, even for 10 dollars. Sorry lil buddy.

for those with cox cable

DOCSIS 1.1 is 6 years old. Most cable companies that offer ISP have moved well past this long ago. The new standard is DOCSIS 3.0. No thanks. This is probably the problem with WOOT’s servers too. They were great 6 years ago just lost a lot over the years. OUTDATED no thanks.

I don’t understand! Don’t cable modems have to be the ones given by your ISP?

Good to go for Charter customers! I’m in for one!

http://www.charter.com/Visitors/NonProducts.aspx?NonProductItem=66

Danget, this is a good deal, too bad I don’t need one. I happened to have bought one for a lot more a while back.

Road runner?

Nope only paid the rental fees. Check your bill. Or you pay ahead of time.

no cable modems provided by your isp give them an excuse to charge between 3 and ten dollars a month “rent”

im so torn … i don’t know if its gonna be worth buying … although i would like to get back my deposit on this crap modem i got from muh university … i just don’t know if its gonna be worth it!

As of now most this is compatible with most ISPs. in my area these work with time warner and comcast. In the future comcast will be switching to DOCSIS 3 instead of DOCSIS 1.1 which is what it uses now. But Comcast also charges $3 a month to rent one. So if you use this for 5 months you will have made your money back And they will not be switching to the new standard for a year or so.

great woot to get the weekend going… don’t you agree?.. modems are always useful… and here’s useful linkage w/ CSE links… November couldn’t have started soon… hehe.

Home >> High Speed Internet >> Cable Modems

Information: Cox Compatible Cable Modems

Summary

This article provides information on approved cable modems for use on the Cox High Speed Internet service.
Note: Some modems that have been purchased from a second hand vendor (online auctions, garage sales, pawn shops) may not work on the Cox High Speed Internet service.

i copied and pasted this from the site that one of the other wooters posted. So do you think this is true, or is it something they put to make you think that you have to “rent” there equiptment

You may want to fix the coding on your blog page there for the links to sellout.woot. You have http://www.sellout.woot.com which doesn’t exist. it’s http://sellout.woot.com

Not every website uses www :wink: