Broc Cellars Bennett Valley Grenache (3)

Broc Cellars 2008 Bennett Valley Grenache 3-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $84.00) 23% off List Price
2008 Dry Stack Vineyard Bennett Valley Grenache
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
10/16/11

I loved the 08 Mendocino County, don’t know if I can pass this up!

According to my CT note, I want more of this. According to my storage and wallet, I shouldn’t get more of this. Anybody want to split?

Do you have some tasting notes you can share?

Hey W.W., Cheapskate here. Can we get some sub $20 Grenache.

I haven’t been taking high quality notes lately. Here’s my CT note, and may it be enlightening to somebody :wink:
8/8/2012: PnP: Strawberries and minerality. Delicious. After a while the strawberry is still there, both on the nose and flavour-wise, but earth has joined in and there’s some spice going on also. Nicely balanced, too.

YAY! Thanks!

This was $42.99 last time. I’d have been in for anything up to $49.99 but a 50% bump over the previous offer? Yikes!

While I really wish that it was their Counoise, Broc wines are fantastic terroir-driven wines and I can’t pass.
Even at $20/bottle, these will be worth the price of admission. If you can find it at your local shop, they’ll easily be $25+

Unfortunately I have really enjoyed some grenaches over the last few months but didn’t Buy anything during last years Grenache-off. The $22 price bump is a bit much though.

Headed to the Bay Area next week and have a stop at Broc’s Berkley tasting room on the agenda, otherwise I’d be in.
These look like quality products.

First had a Broc Cellars grenache a little over a year ago at RN74 in San Francisco. I recently finished the last of my stash from the last time it was offered. When I went to the Broc Cellars web site about two weeks ago, they were out of the grenache. In for 2.

Wine woot does not feel right anymore. Something is going wrong for me. Fewer deals I am interested in. Lesser community participation. More expensive wines than what I care for. Fewer repeats of my old favourites.
Sigh!

hello, so here’s the deal. the last offer at $42.99 was suppose to be a two pack, but was inadvertantly run as a 3 pack. Benefit to the buyer. the current price is correct (and btw some great wine).

sorry for any confusion.

Wish I’d known! :slight_smile:

…I bought one of those 3/2/oops packs…

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/neener_neener.gif

Broc is a go-to/bring-to-a-wine-tasting-party wine; they always impress. The Carignane and this Dry Stack Grenache are personal fav’s of mine.

Quality Rhone Varietal Juice, small production, not widely distributed…

Here’s some tasting notes for those interested: Our fifth varietally designated Grenache wine to come from the rocky soils of the Bennett Valley AVA, a
cooler sub-region of the Sonoma Valley Appellation. Aged in 100% French Oak, none of which is new, to
allow this regions Grenache to express its true character. This exotic aromatics and balanced fruit flavor
are what make this region so unique. The ’08 Grenache shows red fruits, along with kirsch, clove, black
currants and pepper spice. This wine has depth and focus, yet retains elegance and restraint through its
balance.

This is my last vintage of working with Bennett Valley fruit. Beautiful grapes but also expensive. As far value goes you can’t beat what is offered here. Fifth vintage with Grenache from here but first with a drop of Viognier!

I bought the Dry Stack Grenache on their last offering and it was absoultely fantastic! One of my favorite woot purchases thus far.