Brondell 3-Stage Water Filtration System

If your water is very hard, the lifespan of the replacement filters will be much shorter than the 6 and 12 months.

dang, that’s $170 per year. Way too expensive, especially since NYC water is known for being clean. My only problem is chlorine, and I could get a $40 countertop filter for that that will last several years.

At $170 per year to replace filters, you’d think that they’d include some kind of status indicator to tell you when filters really need to be replaced. With one cartridge systems, it’s simple: change when the water pressure is too low. With this, you wouldn’t know which cartridge is actually spent, so you’ll waste a lot of money replacing filters that are still usable.

If the solids are dissolved, the turbidity filter will likely not do anything to remove them. Turbidity
filters typically remove suspended particulates, like clay.

Removing dissolved solids is tough, unless you’re willing to reconstitute the water through an RO process.

Or, if that doesn’t convince you:

True if you have a refrigerator equipped with a simple water filter; not true if you have a refrigerator that utilizes the newest/latest filtration filter that removes trace pharmaceuticals found in some water supplies. Some refrigerators in GE’s new line-up have these filters.

$170 to replace filters on a $125 filter? if you’re buying one and not buying three you’re not too smart…

This sounds like the new Lexmark printer!

Folks making all the tinfoil hat jokes about fluoride have clearly done zero research on it. I’m not particularly impassioned about it one way or another except about any “mind control” theories (-vs- corporate America simply looking for a place to dump toxic by-products) - but (and because) I’ve been on well water forever and have had zero cavities since I was a yoot (and on fluoridated water then).
But hey - you’re probably right - there’s entire COUNTRIES of tinfoil hat wearers that have banned the stuff - including China, our #1 source for it. But hey - nothing toxic ever comes from China, so it’s all good…

Drink up, Shriners…

Fluoride is pointless in water, our city saved 100k last year by not having it in our water. I’m one of these “conspiracy theorist” that likes to know what I’m eating/drinking. I guess that’s why I eat organic food, because I’m a nut job. Fluoride bioaccumulates, hence why your dentist tell you to not to swallow it.
Finally, this filter is NOT RO, and is a small step up from the one is your fridge.

You don’t need a filter for chlorine or chloramine, just a big pitcher (or two). Leave a pitcher-full of tap water out on the counter, covered with cheesecloth or a dishrag, for 48 hours. More than half of the chlorine/chloramine will have evaporated naturally. You can then put the pitcher into the fridge if you like your drinking water cold. Try it for free.

From the picture it looks like you connect it to your faucet and it acts as a new faucet with RO water coming out.

The ones that work with the fridge have a second faucet that mounts to your sink and has a water line running from the filter to the faucet. That line can be taped for other things like a fridge or coffee maker.

Sears has some filters consumer reports liked last year.

When they first started fluoridating water, there were no significant sources of Fluoride. Now, not only most toothpaste fluoridated but most processed foods also contain fluoride due to the water used during processing. Even some fluoride supporters are now saying that some cities have too much fluoride in the water considering the other sources now adding to the total.

Unfortunately there’s no early way to tell with adults with they are consuming too much fluoride. With children, their teeth turn brown-a condition that us on the rise.

Worse, a recent study showed that tooth decay is best prevented by topical application of fluoride, as in toothpaste, but not by consuming it.

I haven’t gone a Fluoride free yet but I hope to cut back. Unfortunately I live junk food and tea (a natural source of fluoride) and bottled water is expensive.

Yes, the WHO, CDC and ADA are all in bed together, and this is a worldwide conspiracy to poison you.

/jkrofl

http://brondell.com/water-filtration/water-filtration-parts-accessories/h2o-cypress-water-filters.html

Cypress HF-33 Water Filtration Replacment Filter
Regular Price: $50.00
Special Price: $29.95

Cypress HF-31 Water Filtration Replacment Filter
Regular Price: $50.00
Special Price: $29.95

Cypress HF-32 Water Filtration Replacment Filter
Regular Price: $75.00
Special Price: $49.95

So the price goes back up later on.

So buy a few of these complete systems and save a few bucks… actually a lot of dough.

Definitely NOT RO (Reverse Osmosis) water. Not. Even. Close. (ok, well its all H2O but you get my point)

Neither have you. The difference to those others is that you make claims that are clearly wrong.

China has moved to entire cities with fluoride added to the water supply. The cavity rate dropped notably.

You probably have zero cavities because you brush your teeth with toothpaste containing fluoride regularly since you were a kid, or drank other sources of water like beverages that came from water with fluoride in them (many bottling places with municipal water sources do not and are not required to screen out fluoride) or went to see the dentist regularly and got fluoride treatments (at far higher dosage than what you drink).

Fluoride in water in the US is largely unnecessary now, since we have moved to good oral hygiene practices as the norm, and our access to health care/dentistry increased. That wasn’t the case in our past when we originally instituted the practice.

Practices current and past between countries often differ. This is usually why you do a needs assessment first, and do them regularly. I think you grossly misunderstand how far China was from being modernized even in the 80s.

We can probably do away with the practice nowadays. But please don’t turn what is now a redundant or unnecessary practice into some deliberate conspiracy theory of harm.

Clearly. There’s enough people massively impassioned about the topic that I have little doubt in the accuracy of the data there - but feel free to (actually) prove me wrong.

And no - I don’t use fluoridated toothpaste (Nature’s Gate, TYVM). Nor do I consume much in the way of processed food / beverages.
Even with a well my drinking water is RO filtered.

All I know is that when I was leaving an eatery in NE DC a couple of nights ago, a group of Cavity Creeps came up to me and demanded my wallet.

My first reaction was to flee, but remembering earlier that I shopped at a CVS, I pulled out a tube of Crest gel and let’em have it.

The end result was that I was beaten mercilessly and was forced to ingest the tube of Crest.

I will venture out next week to find those Creeps armed with a Super Soaker filled with fluoridated tap water, and then hopefully we’ll see the power of flouride in action!

What does “Recommended replacement every 6/12 months” equate to in terms of gallons filtered?