Brooklyn Brine Artisan Pickles

But it’s not just pickles, the case also includes sauerkraut, chipotle carrots, and fennel beets!

These pickles are great, but I still have two jars left. It’s tempting to get another batch, but I think I’ll have to pass this time.

The sauerkraut is also really tempting.

I really liked these, my kids loved them but this is just to many. This would fill a whole shelf in the fridge.

84 bucks (w/shipping) worth of pickles?! It may be just my 2 cents, but since the “improvements” Woot REALLY SUCKS! So now we get high priced condiments? And when was the last time a bag of crap made an appearance during a Woot Off? As always, greed ruins everything…

there’s that marketing buzzword again… “artisan”

I love their whiskey pickles best pickles evar. I’ll impulse buy…

HAHAHA! I lived right by Gowanus and there’s something like this on every block now - I guess handpacked artisan pickles are preferable to handpacked artisan explosives, which the “collective” down the street from us got arrested for. I will pass, but good to see the hipster-entrepreneurial spirit is still strong, deep in the heart of Brooklyn.

How are these pickles cut? They look like they are chipped from the pictures but i could also see some of them being halved lengthwise.

Our Maple Bourbon and Spicy Maple Bourbon pickles are crinkle cut, Hop-Pickle is cut in large chips, and the NYC, Damn, and Whiskey Sour are all halved.

I am still confused… these are pickles.

BTW, I have a bridge to sell in Brooklyn.

How should these be stored? What is the shelf life?

Our pickles should be stored in a comfortable room temperature before opened. We suggest a best before date marked one year from production. Once opened they can be stored in the fridge for up to six months.

I’m really tempted to get these for my husband for his birthday. Dumb question: Do they just have to be refrigerated after opening? I usually buy him the ones that are already cold at whole foods…

All the cucumber based items are brined in vinegar, so they shouldn’t require refrigeration to last a Long Damn Time™.

Not sure about the kraut, etc.

Id try getting him the Ba-tempe mentioned up above. These pickles are very different then the kind of pickle that is sold refrigerated.

Not a dumb question! Once opened they need to be stored in the fridge for up to six months. There’s a ton of variety in our line of pickles, something for everyone to enjoy.

$6.66 per jar! (with the last jar at $6.67).

Got these last time around but be warned, when the label says “damn spicy”, it’s damn spicy.

$7.0825 per jar, for everything included. They have to ship them to you.

In defense of the inflated price–yes, some of that comes from marketing bull**** exploiting the words “artisan” and “Brooklyn.” But the reason most of our food is so cheap is because it’s mass produced with disgusting ingredients. This is a small company that uses quality ingredients and creates interesting flavor combinations.

FWIW, I gave a jar of these to a foodie for Christmas and it went over very well. As something to munch on when I’m watching Terminator 2 on Netflix in the middle of the night, this is pricy. As a gift, the price is right.

The word “artisan” has now officially lost all meaning.