Brother Digital Color Wireless Printer - HL-3140CDW

In the photos?

I currently own a Brother MFC 9320cw… which was dropped around 8-10 feet onto a concrete floor (videos of the truobleshooting and repair can be seen here Brother MFC 9320 CW Trash Find - YouTube), and it has been serving me quite well for over two years. I don’t do much color printing, but that’s the bonus of a laser/led printer… Toner doesn’t dry out!

I am really glad that I held off buying one of these since it is the 3140 not the 3170 as originally listed.

Bad form, Woot. Bad form.

That’s because there isn’t one. This isn’t the HL-3170CDW as first advertised. It’s the non-duplex, wireless-only HL-3140CW.

But, at least they didn’t lower the price when they lowered the value of the offering. Consistency is good, I suppose.

So brochures are good to go? What about brochures with images?

I have had a Brother B/W laser printer for 8 years. It’s a work horse, but I’m trying to find a good affordable printer for mild color brochure use for my non-profit.

WAIT! No duplexing?! That was key for me buying this! I saw the email that mentioned no ethernet and the lower page count. No mention of the loss of duplex! SERIOUSLY NOT HAPPY right now!

Can you do manual duplex at least? That’s really the main reason I considered this printer. I do a newsletter and sometimes brochures for my Knights of Columbus council and the newsletter needs to be duplex.

On top of everything, I just got an email which says “The correct model number is HL3140CW. However, the model number you’re receiving is HL-3170CDW.”
Ummm…so I am getting the one I thought I was getting before this whole fiasco?

Looks like the email didn’t mention the model number. :\

For a bit of the sale, it was listed as the HL-3170CDW which was incorrect. You are receiving the HL-3140CW.

It was poorly written.

I got the printer last night, set it up and found the black toner was down to about 1/3 and the other three were down to about 2/3. I contacted Brother who told me to contact Woot. Still waiting on their response, but I suspect it will be “We can give you a refund” which is really going to screw things up for me with this purchase.