Brother Maynard & Son LTD

If only it had been offered earlier. :frowning:

Your glass is half empty tonight, huh? Crazy thing about birthdays, even our country’s birthday, is they happen annually. :tongue:

Or, maybe you need a career change. If you worked at a fireworks stand, this could be great for at least another couple weeks. Ha!

Happy 4th!

Boom

Robin: Holy Hand Grenades, Batman! We must stop Brother Maynard before he gets too explosive!

Batman: Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na…

(Congratulations, KG! This may not have printed in time for the 4th of July, but fireworks are great for many reasons & seasons! :))

LAUNCELOT: We have the Holy Hand Grenade.

ROBIN: The what?

ARTHUR: The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard always carries with him.

ALL: Yes. Of course.

ARTHUR: Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!

(After being brought forth, Arthur takes it.)

ARTHUR: How does it … er …

LAUNCELOT: I know not.

ARTHUR: Consult the Book of Armaments.

BROTHER MAYNARD: Armaments Chapter Two, Verses Nine to Twenty-One.

ANOTHER MONK: (reading from bible) And St. Attila raised his hand grenade up on high saying, “O Lord bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.” and the Lord did grin and people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchoviesand orang-utans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and…

BROTHER MAYNARD: Skip a bit brother …

ANOTHER MONK: … Er … oh, yes … and the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

ARTHUR: Right.

Happy Birthday USA!

Warning: Not for use indoors or near rabbits.

A TSA favorite.

Wear it the next time you have a hankering for a body cavity search.

A true classic.

Here is the video

Thanks for the video! :slight_smile: My husband and I just watched it and got a good laugh out of it. Great memories!

I’ve been watching old Batman show reruns lately, and the minute I saw the words “Holy Hand Grenade” it reminded me of something that Robin would say to Batman. Only if I’d been thinking, I would have had SIR Robin saying it to him. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congrats on the print, kg07!

Thanks acraigl. :slight_smile: btw- love your designs in the current derby. The butterfly effect fits idea of the derby perfectly.

Love the campy 60’s batman reference. Thanks for the positive comments given to all of us submitting to derbies and participating in this silliness. :slight_smile:

I take the blame for only submitting this design in mid-late June. Was hoping for a calendar adjustment moving the 4th back three weeks.

Thanks for providing the video link. My internet is a bit limited at the moment and my internet skills are limited in a more permanent sense.

Happy birthday!!

Lol! Thanks for filling in the details behind the design. I have already had to inform two people today that this is not an alternate account name that I have at woot.