Buck Shack Cabernet Sauvignon (4)

Buck Shack Cabernet Sauvignon 4-Pack
Sold by: Shannon Ridge Inc
$59.99 $148.00 59% off List Price
2014 Buck Shack Cabernet Sauvignon, Lake County, California

I’m wondering why this can’t be shipped to VT. Other wine.woot orders seem to be able. Is there something different about this one?

[GRAPE]
Grape Debate/Lab Rat Report

So I opened up this bottle last night as the Mrs and I sat down for a dinner of stuffed pork chops, broccoli, and rice. Normally, a Cabernet would not be my “go to” with pork chops, but I was willing to give it a go. It’s a 2014 bottle, so I expected the heat. I was pleasantly surprised with the drinkability right now. A quick swish in the glass left a nice pattern of nice, wide fingers. The nose was a very dry but happy grape with a hint of tannin and oak. The first taste was quick and a little warm. It’s juicy. The flavors of black cherries, a smidge of dark chocolate, and a finish that I can best described as burnt vanilla. Overall a very good drink. A second glass about 15 minutes later revealed similar tones, but with more oak on the nose. The finish was no less spectacular, with a smooth tail of vanilla. Overall this is a very nice bottle of cab. Drinkable today, and could probably stand another 3-5 years in the cellar. I did have a third glass right before bed that was closer to room temperature, and I found it to be a fitting night cap. My wife also enjoyed a glass with me. We both enjoy wine regularly, and she agreed that this was a very good bottle of wine. I would expect this bottle to fall in the $30-$40 range, but I have determined that the vineyards location (not a Napa wine) has provided us all with an excellent wine, at a very good price. I’m in for 4 more bottles! Thank you WooT!!! Merry Christmas to you all!!!

[GRAPE]

Lab Rat / Grape Debater Review:

Wine was aptly received to be consumed at a Christmas party.

Fruit forward bouquet, lots of blueberry/blackberry on the nose. Wine was poured through a vinturi. Shared amongst 5 people. Similar feedback from all. Smooth taste and finish. Very fruity wine, mostly dark fruit, good overall flavor. Not what I would consider an oaky wine. Enjoyed by everyone. Good drinking wine, perfect for a holiday party, not something that would win a contest.

Each winery must obtain a license from each state. The shipping states will vary from sale to sale.

My wife and I had a bottle of 2014 Shannon Ridge 2 nights ago with a restaurant meal at our hotel in KC. Although it was not the Buck Shack label it was a fine choice of one of the local distributors. PnP showed a little heat from alcohol but this dissipated quickly. The tannins were soft, firm oakey taste which faded quickly during the finish. It stood up well to corking and traveling home the next day. That second night it remained smooth and silky with a fine finish. This is a great QPR.

All GD community tasting notes for this wine have been x-posted into cellar tracker, user names have been omitted to protect the guilty.