Buckyballs 216 Piece Magnetic Set 2-Pack - Black & Gold Editions

Buckyballs are a far superior product that offers a no-nonsense 90-day money back guarantee in writing should any dissatisfaction be detected by the original purchaser or members heretowithin of the household.

Claims to the contrary are untrue and will be met with unyielding litigation. Nah- nah- nah nah.

That will be all.

in for a set. or 2 or 4, i guess. crap- i just bot 864 magnetic sticky balls?

I wonder if Credit Card Companies send new/replacement cards smart post? Is so Woot! could be responsible for the next credit crunch.

Would anyone like to trade their gold set for my black set when they arrive?

Now I’m torn.
Bad company-freeset
Good company-ugh, good company
I guess I’ll have to sleep on it.

In for two sets.

Nope. I thought that might have been a possibility but then I noticed that not all the accounts were registered today, some of them were registered yesterday! So only parties with prior knowledge that Buckyballs was gonna be on Woot today could be responsible for the accounts.

It’s absolutely disgusting. Never seen another company try to pull this crap in all these years on Woot.

in for 3 they changed my life . i play with my balls all the time.

Just bought a mini set of Zen Magnets over at their website. They seem to be in stock now.

$35 is too rich for my blood right now. $9.49 sounds more my speed, and that comparison video is persuasive, to say the least. 72 magnets, which should be just the right size to carry around in my pocket.

So when people ask me what I’m playing with in my pocket, I’m not sure what to tell them. The obvious answer is a bit crude and might get me in trouble…

Gave a set of the silver (picked up last time they were offered on Woot) to a brother-in-law this weekend and watched in amazement as my 71 year old mother-in-law played with 'em for the next couple of hours.

In for 3 (six) and my Christmas shopping is well and truly started!

Hey now, I’ve been a Wooter for over four years and I adore my Buckyballs. I first fell in love with them when I was at my boyfriend’s house; his set of balls kept me occupied for hours. So when they were on Woot last month, I had to get myself a pair. Love those balls!

My girlfriend got a pack of these a few weeks back and plays with them atleast an hour a day. She took them to work and her entire office loves them too. This is a great deal for them, as they are normally $30 for a single cube (216 balls).
Im in for 2… err 4 :slight_smile:

These are a blast and highly recommended. I bought two last time they were offered and regretted not buying more. These are a great way to waste some time at work and make great gifts.

even at $35 (inc ship) for a set of 2, deal is too pricey. Why are these things so freakin ^$$!?

excellent field test vid tho Woot! very humorous (L’dMAO!)

Be real, real careful which pocket you keep them in. While they won’t wipe hard drives unless you try, these babies will strip every magnetic-based card (credit, ATM, debit, ID) in your wallet clean. It’s happened to both myself and several of my friends.

With that said, I still keep them in my pocket. I bought another set.

Duh. Should have thought of that but hadn’t. I know perfectly well what magnets can do to credit cards but somehow never made the connection. I really should have.

Thanks for the heads-up. You may have saved me some grief down the line. I’m probably better off keeping them at home, anyway.

It’s easy if you do it the right way. Unfortunately, “the right way” is simple, but not very intuitive – but, once you see it, you slap your forehead and say “why didn’t I think of that?”

First, make the whole wad of them into a string (I assume that at this point you’ve made 'em into one big wad out of frustration as you tried to make them into a form that would go back into the box.)

Next, count off 36 of them from the end of the string.

Repeat, keeping each string of 36 separate.

Next, stick one string of 36 next to another string of 36, resulting in a ribbon of 2x36.

Repeat with the each additional string, until you have a ribbon of 6x36. (You can combine the steps so that each string of 36 is added as soon as you remove it from the main string, rather than first making the six small strings – whichever is easier for you, with “easier” meaning “enables you to continue WITHOUT having any of them leap into the arms of some random bit of string or ribbon.”)

When you have your ribbon of 6x36, CAREFULLY fold it at the 6th position, so that you have a square of 6x6, two layers deep, with the remainder of the ribbon hanging off the bottom.

Continue folding squares (6x6) onto the stack, until you are done, at which point you’ll have a cube of 6x6x6.

They ARE going to want to fight you on this, and once they slip out of place, they’re nearly impossible to reposition. Basically, you need to go from start to finish without ANY accidents (the occasional “tiny mis-position” of one or two bb’s can be resolved, but if a whole layer jumps into place offset by half a bb or so, don’t bother trying to fix it – but, since you will, anyway :wink: don’t KEEP trying to fix it once you realize the futility. Just start over with a 6x36 ribbon).

You really only need to worry about directly exposed components (i.e. if you put them beside a memory card). Natural magnets rarely have enough magnetic force to manipulate computer components, generally because they’re magnetically shielded (using a low reluctance material of some sort, including the casing). I wouldn’t worry that much about these unless you’re near a computer with exposed internals.

Maybe I’m missing the point, but aren’t these just tiny magnets? Why would I pay 30 dollars for gold plated magnets? seems dumb to me, if they have no real function.

Oh ya…the Pittsburgh Steeler Edition!!

Make sure you keep them away from kids and pets.