Buckyballs 216 Piece Rare Earth Magnetic Set – 2 Pack

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Buckyballs 216 Piece Rare Earth Magnetic Set - 2 Pack
$27.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 2 Buckyballs 216 Piece Magnetic Building Sphere Set by Zoomdoggle

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Product Website

How strong are these?

These things are really expensive at Brookestone but really cool

Holy deals batman!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/bbe8/?source=msn_toys&cpg=omty1
30 for one!

28+5 for 2!

Will they hurt my credit card?

Website

http://zoomdoggle.com/

Woot, how did you know? Oh man, I really want these…

You make objects with the magnets guys!

kinda expensive

Buckyballs on YouTube

I’m wondering about these… is each little ball magnetized to where I can pull this apart and piece it back together, or is it like a puzzle where some are negative charged and some positive,etc.

I’m actually really wanting to know because if they are individual balls it would be quite interesting for an experiment.

I have had these for 8 months and I still can’t get them into the original cube no matter how many times I watch the video tutorial. It is imposssibleeee. My advice to purchasers today, enjoy that original cube while you still have it.

These are fun as shit though.

Hmm…

I would say “cheaper on Amazon” - but isn’t Woot technically Amazon too now? How odd.

Edit: Yes, I know, woot is cheaper by $2 – but really, saving $2 doesn’t feel like a woot deal to me.

Amazon reviews

They are the weaker of the neodymium magnets but for their size they have decent strength. They are N35 grade.

Buckyballs at Wikipedia

Buckminster Fuller

A fascinating man (heard him speak in college)!

If you’re going to order these, do yourself a favor and order 3. I have a set and I quickly realized that I need THOUSANDS more of them or MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE COMPLETE.

These are unbelievably entertaining.