Bug? Arrows versus Numbers on Multi-Page Forums

I have tried this on two computers using Firefox and one using IE and gotten the same results, so I don’t think it’s me…

Go to a forum topic with multiple pages. Click on a page number, then if you click on the right arrow no matter what page you are on you will be taken to page 2. I discovered this in long topics, where when I came back to catch up, I’d hit Last, then go back the 3 or 4 pages I’d missed, and when I hit the right arrow all of a sudden I was back on page 2.

As long as I click only the numbers or the arrows I am able to successfully navigate, but if I switch from numbers to arrows I lose my place in the forum.

[quote user=“djslack”]I have tried this on two computers using Firefox and one using IE and gotten the same results, so I don’t think it’s me…

Go to a forum topic with multiple pages. Click on a page number, then if you click on the right arrow no matter what page you are on you will be taken to page 2. I discovered this in long topics, where when I came back to catch up, I’d hit Last, then go back the 3 or 4 pages I’d missed, and when I hit the right arrow all of a sudden I was back on page 2.

As long as I click only the numbers or the arrows I am able to successfully navigate, but if I switch from numbers to arrows I lose my place in the forum.[/quote]

There’s been an ongoing problem with this, check out “404 errors in forums”, I’ve moved it to the first page for you.

Well isn’t that arrogant of me "I’ve moved it . . . . " For anyone who wonders what that means, every time you add a new post to a thread it goes back to page one.

It’s official, I have PWF.

[quote user=“holmesdog”]Well isn’t that arrogant of me "I’ve moved it . . . . " For anyone who wonders what that means, every time you add a new post to a thread it goes back to page one.

It’s official, I have PWF.[/quote]

Yeah, a simple “bump” post is simpler.

[quote user=“mnementh”]

Yeah, a simple “bump” post is simpler.[/quote]

I’ll bite, what’s a “bump”?

[quote user=“holmesdog”]

I’ll bite, what’s a “bump”? [/quote]

I’m glad you asked that. I’ve been wondering for a few days.

[quote user=“pooflady”]

I’m glad you asked that. I’ve been wondering for a few days.[/quote]

Hi Pooflady, think we should put it on the 101 thread?

[quote user=“holmesdog”]

Hi Pooflady, think we should put it on the 101 thread?[/quote]

It’s been there almost a week already - middle of the first page

[quote user=“obob”]

It’s been there almost a week already - middle of the first page[/quote]

Found it, so . . if you want to send a thread to the top of the list again, instead of typing in an explanation you just type in BUMP? Got it.

[quote user=“holmesdog”]

I’ll bite, what’s a “bump”? [/quote]

Bumping is when people post a one-word message (bump) in order to bump a useful thread back to the top of the first page. It happens a lot on other forums.

D’oh. I really should read all the way to the bottom before replying.

Why would you do that? Nobody else seems to bother doing it. Hence the repeated questions of “when will this ship”, “what’s a boc”, etc.

What’s a BOC?

A bag of carrots. A great many wooters have pet rabbits.

LMAO

I apologize for invading your forum up front, but feel this is worth while and will only take 15 seconds away from a chat.

Give the Gift of Site

Please donate any used pair of prescription glasses to help both children and adults that cannot afford clear vision, to see for the first time.

Not asking for money, just one pair (or as many as you can find laying around [h] ) to help people that cannot afford to see.

I will post pictures and stories from the Sonora, MX mission I will be on in September off site to show you what your contributions meant to the people in need.

Please send them to;

Luxottica Retail
Attn: Woody1
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, OH 45040

I appreciate woot for allowing this to post, and the person with the most pairs sent in by Sept 12th, (nudge factor coming, and send them all together please, so they can be counted) will get a package worth over $500 including a new Home Toshiba DVD Recorder and Dell 5.1 speaker set. This comes out of my pocket; this is just one of many, and I do mean many, charities I try to support.

There’s been an ongoing problem with this, check out “404 errors in forums”, I’ve moved it to the first page for you.

http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smilies/animated/scratchchin.gif

Well isn’t that arrogant of me "I’ve moved it . . . . " For anyone who wonders what that means, every time you add a new post to a thread it goes back to page one.

It’s official, I have PWF.

Yeah, a simple “bump” post is simpler.

I’ll bite, what’s a “bump”?

I’m glad you asked that. I’ve been wondering for a few days.