Bushnell ONIX 350 Color Handheld GPS with Georeferenced Maps

Includes Embedded 128 micro SD card Rugged rubber armor Waterproof. Warning: This device is intended as a supplemental navigation aide only. The user assumes all responsibility with the use of this product.

Bushnell Onix 350 is new handheld GPS from Woot, a company with reputation for such devices. So Woot has given you another opportunity to lay your hands on a Bushnell Onix 350 color handheld GPS with Geo-reference maps.
http://www.buzzcrunch.net/2010/02/bushnell-onix-350-color-handheld-gps/

ok so this comes preinstalled with 350 color maps

that will never be updated? that you cannot update yourself? that woot does not offer?

so then what good is 350 color maps (most of which someone would never need when using this product) if it is not atleast semi up to date on their data??

this seems like a fail product to me
tom tom’s are jokes too
just get a garmin and be good

What? You can update the maps on this just fine. See the reviews on the Amazon link I posted earlier; the software to install them onto the GPS is apparently counter-intuitive, but you get free maps for a while (and then later have to pay for maps if you want them).

Just checking my avatar.

Does anyone know if nautical maps are available for this?

As with all Bushnell GPS units, read the reviews first. You have been warned.

Does it change per post?

Yeah, the whole Grandma story turned me off to buying it.

In for one. Go, team.

where do these avatars come from?

one side note:
Took the kids to see Chipmunks, Squeakel and have to give Kudos to the Woot gods for getting Toby to wear a “wOOt” T-shirt!!!

Nice product placement.

So, any real owners on what the new map downloads, files cost once you have this ?

Click on yours, and find out.

I paid a TON of $$ for a garmin etrex when they came out. I then paid another TON of $$ for bluechart nautical maps. Garmin wants over $100 to repair the one I have, or I can buy a waaay better (newer/nicer/faster/color) Garmin for not much more than the repair cost.

Now the kicker

Garmin will not allow me to “scrap out” my old unit and transfer my map data to the new device without paying another TON of $$$ (hundreds of dollars here folks).

I will NEVER buy another Garmin because of this!!!

Does anyone know if it can display latitude and longitude?

In for one. Good for mounting on the handlebars of the ATV when we go out exploring.

So if you are out fishing on a lake in Louisiana and want to mark a spot so you can come back to it in the future does this unit allow you to do this right out of the box??? Or do you have to pay extra money for this feature. Any actual owners care to comment.

I was looking for an inexpensive GPS, but this isn’t the one after reading the reviews.

Major POS and they might move there if they went to about $10.00 on a two for Tuesday.

wow pretty close, actually 99 according to the page now that its sold out finally

almost everything i said had question marks

but ok so it gives you 4 free maps and costs $20 to download additional maps

I still wonder how precise and actually up to date the maps are…i havent googled this question yet

i still value my Garmin as I have never had any problems with mine, but maybe i either baby it a lot easier than how other people abuse their systems, or i just know how to use it properly /shrug

most gps systems ive seen dont do well in the spots i romp around through (city and woodland areas)…so reading the difficulties and such leads me to believe that im probably right on my assumption of maps that dont have as much data to display as what a user like me would seek

ie: get what u pay for, a GPS under 100