C.G. Di Arie 2006 Zinfandel Shenandoah Valley - 4 Pack

Cap’n Crunch was serendipity. I just was in the right place at the right time. Getting into wine was not. I desired it, longed for it, planned it and finally it happened. In making wine, like creating a new product, you need to pay attention to the details and combine science with intuition or some people call it art. With just science you can create a flawless, generic wine. Believe me great wines are not created by accident. It’s always hard work.

Sounds interesting. I’m in for one.

Actually, Zinfandel and Primitivo have the same roots, originating in Coatia. It migrated to Italy, to the Apulia region and assumed the name Primitivo. Independantly, it came to the US and became to be known as Zinfandel. After 200 years of separation, obviously they are different. I find Zin to be lighter in color, larger and tighter clusters and larger berries. My Primitivos are usually fruitier and the Zins are spicier. Zin and Primitivo are two clones of the same variety.

I am in Chicago working the market. I need to check out for a while. Will be coming back home tonight and will continue taking part in the discussion. Have a great one!

I’d love to try this, but the lack of shipping to TN is preventing me from ordering. It is now legal to ship to TN, you know! (I think you need to buy a permit, but I’m under the impression it isn’t very expensive). I’ve seen a lot of wine wooters from TN over the past few months for the wineries that do ship here.

WELL STATED!!!

[labrat]
I was a lab rat for this Zin - I enjoyed drinking it with my wife along with some grilled fillets and sweet potatoes. They went very well together (maybe not like GG Allin and Marilyn Manson - but more like Snoopy and Woodstock). The first sip is juicy goodness. As the wine has time to breathe, it developed some more character. The label talks about Blackberries, Black Cherry, mocha finish and hints of black pepper. I can’t say that I am sophisticated enough to taste all of that. I just tasted a really good Zin. It is a nice bottle to share over a relaxing meal together. The Oak blended in well (I am not normally big on heavy oak and did not taste the oak here). I think that it is priced very well.

Please excuse the off-topic post and what will seem like a suspicious request. Fedex is being impossible regarding redirecting shipments to one of their “hold at location” facilites. I’m being told that the way the wineries are specifying “Adult signature required” vs something like “Alcohol signature required” prevents the regional terminal from redirecting the package.

I know people here are having success doing this, so I’m pleading that if anyone successfully did this with the recent KR Esoterica Savignon Blanc that you PM me with the tracking number. I need the number as concrete proof that it is being done elsewhere.

Thank you

could do that if I knew how…

Duh, the envelope.

FedEx -can’t- do it, you have to; online.

Thanks! Will you ever bottle 100% Zinfandel and 100% Primitivo for the sake of comparison or do these particular grapes drink better with some blending, as demonstrated with this wine?

After reading this fascinating bit of vino-logical input:

Can the Winery tell us what the Magnetic Polarity of the wine cells in this offering are? And if they can, how about a recommendation on the best swirling direction?
Thanks!

edit: :wink:
Edit, edit: The new Kosher?

Are you attempting to redrect via the online tracking? That’s how I’ve done it with more than two dozen wine shipments. It’s automated so there doesn’t seem to be any mis-informed Fed-Ex employee to intervene. I can give you a tracking number but I didn’t buy the KR Sav Blanc. I have numerous other wine woots tackings I could pass along though.

We were in Reno for ten days at the beginning of July and we took a day trip to Amador, where we visited the Di Arie tasting room (as well as the Dillian winery and the Jeff Runquist tasting room). They were all wonderful, especially if you like zinfandel, and if anyone has the opportunity to visit what I call the “little” wine country, they should take advantage of it (the scenery driving through the Sierras was also breathtaking).

i was also at the same wineries you just mentioned in april, and i LOVE this wine making area. wonderful wines, and i don’t recall having to pay any tasting fees, very nice. leaves more to spend on buying bottles to take home. btw, c.g. di arie was the last winery we went to that sunday, a great finish to a lovey afternoon.

Those of us in California know C.G. DiArie very well. The wine comes from the Amador area and is at least equal to the Dry Creek area. The wine is medium bodied and goes well with red meat dinners. This producer is my favorite winery for zinfandels. I have been paying $24 a bottle plus tax so this is a good price. The 2004 Southern exposure is my favorite zinfandel of all time.

Apologies for what will likely be a double post - BTW only woot forums do that to me.

I can’t do it online, I tried and the only option listed was the major facility in Portland, ME which is 55 miles away, despite the fact that there are several offices much closer, including one that is 15 miles away. When I couldn’t do it on the web I spoke to numerous intellectually challenged people at Fedex corporate, via phone and email, that all told me I couldn’t do it, but they couldn’t give me a reason why.

I finally got in touch with a manager at the Portland Facility that told me it had something to do with how the shippers were specifying signature requirements. Apparently there are several variations each with their own rules and clearly not everyone at Fedex is in agreement.

Thanks, but no. Thanks to others that did. I passed the info on which was greeted with “well that wasn’t destined for NH, I need one destined for NH” :rolleyes

I’m jumping in late here… Are you having trouble getting Fed ex to hold the shipment at a local Fed Ex location instead of deliver to your residence / business address? I have done it with several woots here in NH and I have used the links thru Fed Ex tracking website to do it. As long as I have done it before it was on the local delivery truck, it has been taken care of no problem.

C.G. Di Arie 2006 Zinfandel Shenandoah Valley - 4 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: lakero
Speed to first woot: 5m 31.157s
Last wooter to woot: stormn1

Always in for a good zinfandel. Heck, sometimes even in for a mediocre one.