C.G. Di Arie Zinfandel (6)

C.G. Di Arie Zinfandel 6-Pack
$89.99 $174.00 48% off List Price
2007 Zinfandel, Shenandoah Valley

Super interesting…

Six is a lot, though.

I’d love some notes on this.

Edit: just read the description which sounds like it came from the website (?) and was written on release. Not helpful considering this wine is going on 9 years old, meaning we are now about 7 years from when the note was written.

I’m pretty much a wine moron, but isn’t 9 years a bit past prime for Zin?

Non wine random thought, that reminded me of one of my favorite movie lines…
Stork: Well, what the hell we supposed to do, ya moron?

But to answer your question, definitely not. Like any wine, they change over time of course. That’s why a current note on how it is holding up would be nice.

Loved that mixed case that was offered a while back…we did enjoy this specific bottle as part of that offering (I think) and if I was buying currently I’d be in.

Agree with sentiments above. Always Looking well aged bottles, but not sure this is a good buy if it’s past prime.

For many zins, yes. Having said that we opened a bottle of 2004 Limerick Lane Old Vine zin over the holidays that showed absolutely no signs of being over the hill.

Not if it’s well made and done in a balanced way. Given the specs, I’d bet it’s in a nice drinking window, but current tasting notes would be a much better answer to that question.

7 in the bottle, though. It was aged in oak for 14 months and bottled Feb 5, 2009 according to the notes.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

I have purchased every di Arie offering over the past several years, after having seen winemaker Chaim on Gary Vanerchuck’s you tube broadcast. What a wonderful man and personality! I suggest looking up his website.

I recently have drank bottles from his 2005, 2006 and 2007 Zinfandels, and they all were incredible.

To me his Zins are big, bold, fruity and more new world (what else would you expect from the inventor of Captian Crunch?), and by no means past prime. I highly suggest purchasing at least one lot, as you may not get the chance to buy such a good, nicely aged Zinfandel again soon.

In for 2!

Thanks for the thoughts.

I haven’t had a CGD that I didn’t like. I last had this offering about 6 months ago and it was still drinking well. In for 1.

Z

Thank you too for all of your excellent input!

I do so love Zinfandel. Maybe some day I’ll be to Zinfandel, as Fred R. is to Cabernet.

+1. Thanks, mang.

I frequently, monthly or more often, get Di Arie offers for 6-packs at ~$100 or so plus $10 shipping. While I have more of of his wines than I’ve consumed, I’ve enjoyed all I’ve sampled to date.
Offer here seems below market pricing, especially when shipping is considered.
Very very tempting.