Cabba Dabba Doo

Cabba Dabba Doo

White Oak Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 1.5L Magnum
$39.99 $69.00 42% off List Price
2006 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 1.5L Magnum

Woot Cellars Tøøthstejnn The Red, The Grimy Wyvern Wine-Hall Cabernet Franc 4-Pack
$49.99 $115.00 57% off List Price
2009 Woot Cellars Tøøthstejnn The Red, The Grimy Wyvern Wine-Hall Cabernet Franc

Meeker Kiss Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon 3-Pack
$74.99 $163.00 54% off List Price
2008 Kiss Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon, Diamond Mountain District, Napa Valley

Emblem Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 4-Pack
$59.99 $111.00 46% off List Price
2008 Emblem Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley

Love the Woot Cellars Tøøthstejnn

Color: deep brownish red

Nose: YUM. Old-school wine. Mushroom, chocolate, enough pepper that it makes the back of my throat itchy!
Blackberry, black plum.

Palate: Nose follows thru on palate - mushrooms, chocolate, blackberries, pepper (again tickling my sinuses). has quite a ‘bite’ to it. Tannins are evident. Oaky.

Finish: LONG luscious finish of berries, coffee, mild hint of spice.

rated 5 out of 5 - one of the best!

“Hey Fred… Here’s lookin’ at you.”

That works with both the Flintstones theme and the Red Said Fred theme. Well played, Neil.

does the bottle state the winery? I’m curious. Cab Franc not common in RRV but sounds liek a great bottle of wine!

Holy Moley !!!
good thing I got paid yesterday :slight_smile:

Almost a year ago “Cab said Fred” was offered :slight_smile:

It was time for a new one!

Tommy Town Thoroughbreds & Vineyard

White Oak notes, anyone?

Excellent mid priced cab. Good QPR on the standard bottles, not 100% sure that translates to the magnum (previous offers were as low as $10/bottle range for standard size). Wine itself has good body, some nice tannins, and a powerful dark/bitter cherry flavor to it. Really one of my favorites for the price range, and I’m debating this magnum.

I had a bottle of it about a month ago, the regular size bottles are still drinking well but on the decline, which makes me think the magnums should be near peak…

Thanks grey. If these were $10/btl for 750s, this is a terrible price. I’m intrigued for my dad, though.

Ok, I looked it up (these are only the times I ordered it, I don’t know about other offers):

7/15/11 $44.99 for 3

8/16/11 $44.99 for 3

3/12/12 $99.99 for a mixed case of the cab and merlot

8/28/12 $114.99 for a mixed case of the cab and merlot

So it looks like the cab probably goes, at deal prices, for around $12-15 and the merlots were super cheap? Based on these sale differences that would be my assumption. Also I wish I’d stocked up in March, as that was a ridiculous price for good wine.

And asides on the other wines:

The Emblem is solid and a nice drinker, but my least favorite of the bunch. Which isn’t a condemnation of this wine, just a testament to the company it’s currently keeping.

Toothstein is, well, Toothstein. It’s funny and drinks well, and is possibly the only Cab Franc I’ve ever really enjoyed.

The Meeker Kiss Ridge is the big winner here, though. I just had a couple bottles of the 2008 the other night with some friends, and it is drinking great right now (as is the 2005, actually). I am not even sure what notes to offer, some amazing fruit balanced by just the right amount of tannins, a long lingering finish…basically everything you want a California Cab to be. I decanted AND aerated and it still needed about 20-30 minutes to truly open up, so I’d guess this still has some good cellar life in it. I’m hoping, because I still have a couple left and I’m likely going in for the max on this one, SIWBM be damned!

I got the mixed case a few years ago and thought both the merlot and cab rocked! Elegant, well- structured with soft tannins. I believe I have a few bottles left. I will check when I get home and open the cab either today or tomorrow (assuming it is same vinatge and does not sel out) and get back.

Emblem at $15 a bottle vs Kiss Ridge at $25, for me, I will take the Emblem. Although I will take them both… I need to try the Kiss Ridge again, bought it a couple of years ago here and don’t remember loving as much as everyone else. I also see it locally for around $60+ and want to cringe, knowing that I’ve seen it here for $25

I hear that, and Emblem at $15 is a great deal for a solid cab, no question! I just love Meeker wines in general, and the Kiss Ridge cabs specifically…

The emblem is tempting, the 2010 goes for twice this price at my local bevmo, and it looks like a label change from newer vintages so maybe it just wasn’t getting distribution when this vintage was released.

I also thought the WC offer here was a solid wine. I would grab more if my wallet was allowing it this month.

Meeker drinking window? will it last until 2030?

On what planet are people paying $32.50 for a bottle of Tøøthstejnn??

Enough with the fancifal retail pricing already, woot.