Cage Match: Dinos vs. Dragons

It’s Japanese [or rather kanji] as in this case, 龍 [ryuu] is used for dragon, whereas in Chinese you would use 虬.

Put together it would literally translate as Samurai Sea Dragon

侍 [samurai]
海 [umi – ocean]
龍 [ryuu – dragon]

Thank you xarous and Diveratis for the quick responses! I really wanted to get the hoodie, but not without knowing what the writing meant.

I still wear my original Circuit Dragon from 3 years ago. It’s such a great design! I was hoping to get another one, and here it is again. Hooray!!

龍 is also the traditional Chinese character for dragon. 虬 is the simplified version of it. And in general all these characters are valid Chinese characters and are not exclusively Japanese. One difference in meaning though is that 侍 generically means “serve” in Chinese. However, given the depiction of the warrior it’s reasonable that Japanese was the intent though it could still be read as Chinese.

I’m curious. Why are they not shipping right away? The estimated delivery time on a one day shipping is 10 days away. Not in any super rush, but it would have been kinda nice to have it by this weekend.

Well, from what I understand, woot does not print these as they are being sold. I believe that they print side sale items after the sale is over and all orders are in and tallied. Since the sale lasts through Sunday, July 22, that means that they will not begin printing them until next week. Thus the longer wait 'til shipment and receipt of your item(s).

I kinda thought it might have been something like that but I wasn’t sure and didn’t see it written anywhere.

If I had known that I wouldn’t have gone for the extra $5 for one day shipping but no worries, its only a fiver. :stuck_out_tongue:

You still do get advanced speed for that $5. A Rush shirt should arrive next Thursday 7/26. Non-rush orders won’t be there until August.

If you still have an issue, you can contact service@woot.com and talk it out. I don’t know how they’ve been handling it in the past, but this does come up every week.

You are, by FAR, the coolest about it though. Possibly one of the most efficient too. Normally we get lots of cussing on Wednesday when they don’t have their shirt.

No point in throwing a fit, its my own fault for not paying attention to the “Arrives on” date until right as I hit Submit. I took the overnight cause I was wanting it before this weekend, but as it will be in the 100’s all weekend, something tells me I won’t need it any way and can wait the week for it. And as I said, its $5, its not going to bankrupt me.

Thanks for the clarification though, I’ll definitely have to remember that for the next time.

I am super stoked to see the classical states of matter shirt back for this one! I missed out on it because I got paid the day after it got reckoned, and have been looking for it 2nd hand online in my size ever since.

This made my month!

Total bummer. My “Dragonly Love” shirt is falling apart. I was really hoping to snag a replacement.

I really want Dragonly Love on a regular tee. I don’t want it on a tank. What’s up, Woot? Why couldn’t you offer it on some other options besides just the tank? :frowning:

I’d love to see “I’m here to rescue… uh…” on a tank. I could wear it all summer, and where I live, that’s about 75% of the year. But I may just get it anyway, if fits the budget. :slight_smile: (Oh, bills… I don’t love you. Why must you stalk me so?)

Excuse me? What about Villainous Velociraptor on a Velocipede? That was one of the awesome-est dino shirts ever! Maybe it was just so full of win that Woot didn’t want to game the system?

I’m with lahodges. I’d get Dragonly Love but only on a tee. Too bad. :o(

No clockwork dinosaurs :frowning:

I just ordered another “I’m here to rescue… uh”…thanks for bringing that back. On the other hand, I wish there was a reprinting of the one with the stuffed dinosaur terrorizing the building block city.

Thanks! I was also wondering :slight_smile:

Help! I want a lightweight hoodie and don’t know what size to order.

I’m 5’3’‘, 135lbs, 36.5’’ chest, and 28.5’’ waist. I would be happy with a hoodie that is:
a) tight in the arms as long as it’s also tight in the chest and not too loose across the stomach (small?)
b) baggy/loose everywhere, including arms (medium?)

Do I have a better chance of the small being tight enough in the body or of the medium being loose enough in the arms? I don’t have dainty girly arms, but I also can’t beat you at arm wrestling.

Uggh. Love the Dragon Nebula graphic, HATE that it’s printed on a tank.