Cajun Injector Propane Turkey Fryer

The auto timer can be pretty easily bypassed with some zip ties. Trust me, i have this same unit and that’s what i did for brewing.

What do you folks do with your oil? how do you store for re-use? how many times can you re-use the oil?

I am in for one as a homebrewer. Wondering how the aluminum pot is??? Bueller? Bueller?

?..also for the new homebrewers, as I understand it you have to season aluminum some how…

The propane regulator is found to be on the low end at 41K BTU. This rating is closer to a BBQ regulator (30K BTU) than a ‘hurricane stove’ or Cajun cooker (80K+ BTU). The difference is you will be waiting longer for the liquid to come up to temperature in this one. It is affordable and includes all the deep frying accessories.

Aluminum is fine for brewing beer. It has better thermal conductivity than ssteel. Do not scrub it sparkling clean. Boil water in it the first time and leave the ‘patina’ that forms intact. Copper is the best material for a boiler, but expen$ive. With this one’s 30qt capacity, you can do a full-wort boil (6.5 gallons) for your standard homebrewers’s 5 gallon batch.

It really depends on the oil you’re using.

After you’re done frying, let the oil cool to about room temperature. Use a fry oil filter and a funnel, and filter it back into the original container.

Store it in a dark, cool place. You can reuse it several times, however you need to keep in mind the amount of time you’ve used it for and the temperature. More than about 6-8 hours and the oil is done with its useful life. You can store it for about 3-4 months, but if the oil smells funny you’ll want a new batch.

I used my oil for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, as well as the Super Bowl before I pitched it.

Also, if you let the oil get to a temperature higher than its smoke point (varies between oils), it’ll become rancid and you won’t be able to reuse it.

It’s gotta be better/quicker than the stove top method… yes?

I have since upgraded to an oil-less deep fryer. The Big Easy, and the turkey comes out just like it was deep fried. No oil mess or chance of fire like with the propane set up.

But I still use my old propane set up for crab boils, canning, smoker setup I have, etc.

Since you’d have to disable the timer, I think homebrewers would be better off buying The Dark Star Burner which available for $49.99 from several homebrew supply sites.

Does anyone know how large (pounds) of a turkey you can put in this thing? thanks!

Oh hey! Cajun Injector! They’re actually a client of ours and I can speak to their quality.

We did a commercial for one of their marinades and I had to fry 4 turkeys for the opening scene where we actually blow up a turkey. I had never fried a turkey before in my life and was pretty worried, but it worked perfectly right off the bat.

Also if you peak really closely in the commercial you’ll see me in the back with a black tanktop and sunglasses (during the “change” scene) and I’m sporting my WOOT branded head band and arm bands!

This does come with
A 7 gallon pot so I wouldnt say that’s comparing apples to apples.

from one of Cajun Injector’s websites, it says this can handle a turkey up to 18 lbs. Wal-Mart has a similar one that says up to 14 lbs.

before you buy it. be prepared to spend just as much as the fryer or more on peanut oil. I assume at least two gallons would be needed. still haven’t pulled the trigger and I’ve been salivating at this all day.

YOu’re right, the peanut oil is the most expensive part of the turkey fry. But 2 gallons? It’s a 30 Qt bucket (7 1/2 gallons) You’ll need about 5 gallons for a 12-14lb turkey (you typically don’t want one bigger than that). A 5 gallon jug at Sam’s Club used to run $25-30 5 years ago. I don’t know how much it’s gone up since then.

I would fry chicken in the oil first to season the oil (100 wings) a day or two before. Then fry a turkey, that way you get some use out of the oil. The oil typically is only good for 3-4 fries (if you don’t burn it) and maybe 3-4 days, depending the temperature you store it.

I bought this pump from Amazon and use it to pump the oil back into the jug it came from. It filters the oil during the process. I then store my used oil in a dark closet inside the house. I’ve used the same batch of oil four times with no issues.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0062AC866

Absolutely. And if you boil(over) with this in the great outdoors, you can simply hose off the spillage. Your SO will not be complaining about the malty/hoppy smell and the indelible mess on the kitchen stove. Best of luck.