California Jumbo Premium Pistachios

True. Great NUTritional value. And the price ain’t bad either. I buy them on a regular basis (locally). In for 2. Hey, at that price, I wonder if/how they would ferment…

$33 per 5 lb bag at nutsonline.com
http://www.nutsonline.com/nuts/pistachios/roasted-and-saltedinshell.html?sid=dc7CUh4sNc1eQQOa

Not a bad deal!

Would be in for two if I could use TAXSUCKS, but the order is 2 cents away from that coupon being valid. Oh well, see you tomorrow woot.

I pay $8.00 per pound (+ shipping) for “Colossal Supremes”.

There’s a world of difference between the cheap red stale nuts you get at the gas-n-go and the best and freshest nuts CA has to offer.

Costco has 5lb bags of pistachios for $10. Obviously not the same caliber, but still. $15 difference for a bag of nuts? At least tell me they’re marinated in chardonnay.

It’s been fun seeing what’s new everyday, but I need some good bold red WINE again!
So very sorry I missed the Humbug. :frowning:

FInally a reason to buy one of these!!

http://www.pistachionuts.net/

You know what might have been a good ideal for this gift week?

Featuring traditional gifts from countries that are known for their wine production. Just simple things that would have some cultural significance to the region, Italy, France, Germany . .that sort of thing. You could have marketed some pretty interesting little items for the $30 to $50 range.

I just checked the bag of Kirkland (Costco) nuts in the pantry and they are a 4lb bag for around 11 or so bucks, but I bet not as good as these…

Ah, I stand corrected. I couldn’t recall if it was 5lb or 4lb.

… Twenty Five dollars for a bag of nuts. …

right?

<shudder>

in for a bag! i’m going on vacation soon, need something to munch on for 13 hours =P

From http://www.wikihow.com/Store-Pistachios

1. Place pistachios in an airtight container
  2. Place the container in the fridge or freezer
  3. Eat within one year if you froze the nuts or six months if put in the fridge.

WD: Do these come via fedex ground like the wine or thru smartpost like standard woot?

Buy direct from Fiddy $ 31 for 1 bag, Woot $ 25
2 bags Fiddyment $57, Woot $ 45
3 bags Fiddymeny $85, Woot $ 65

Not bad if you like Pistachios

are they more than $5 per pound in your local store?

i think there are sales where you can get them at 3-4 bucks per pound. check your local grocery store.

Yummy! I could definitely go through these in a month or two (mostly alone, but sharing with the boyfriend when he visits). My dad’s from Iran so I grew up with them and this is one thing that rubbed off on me.

Let me tell you as a pistachio fanatic, these things are expensive. If you look at the bag and consider it’s five pounds and look at the size of the nuts you can tell that those are really big. That means you get more of the awesome meat and less of the salty/bitter outside.

Also, if you have any friends as fanatical as myself or maybe even less so, you could take a small plastic baggie, tie it with a twist tie, and then slip it in one of those drawstring gift bags. Then add a bottle of wine. Voila, gift. In my family’s circle, we always take something with us when we visit someone, and you always have a big bowl of fruit and another of nuts (and tea) on the coffee table if someone visits you.

for the lose?

The gift week was brilliant…this item, however, is a poor choice to say the least.

Yeah for pdx!