California Karma Cabernet Sauvignon (12)

Would anyone in New York/Manhattan be interested in splitting this? Let me know!

contact[at]tambnguyen[dot]com

I’ve been shipping to my Mom’s in Georgia ever since Virginia passed a law against third party shipping of wine-and now no Georgia? I guess I’m not supposed to have this. I was going to order too.

What the heck–in for one. I now have 2 cases of woot wine on the way–to add to a cellar (literally) stocked about 85% by woot. Thank goodness for a cool Western NY basement–pretty much ideal conditions year 'round.

Darn it, I found someone already. But maybe another time. I’m in the Mad Heights.

Okay, in for 1, how can you pass up a medium plus vino at 9 $. But what happened to the unlock free shipping? I had just purchased the dyson minutes ago and thought the shipping on this would be free. But still, Woot has kept me in wine for years, huzzah!! for Woot.

Thanks :slight_smile: but I meant what is the QPR for this offering… I am not sure where I will store the case that just arrived today, needs some justification to buy

Big discussion of this in the forums, they’ve changed it to a shopping cart for the $5 shipping, no more unlocking all-day free. It’s stopped me from making multiple purchases so far…

And for the folks seemingly wanting exact QPR numbers… I don’t think it’s and exact kind of thing. You get a good QPR with a high quality for a low price, and a not-so-good QPR with high quality for high price.

Not looking for exact, just some feedback to help make a decision :slight_smile: Again I am overstocked but hate to pass up a really good offer

I am not so sure about great QPR on a nine dollar a bottle Cab. Let’s say the QPR is phenomenal and it drinks like a $20.00 Cab. A $20.00 Cab still isn’t very good unless it also has a phenomenal QPR and drinks like a $50.00 Cab which is about the lowest price Cab you will find that actually begins to taste like a Cab should. At this price I think a better value is a Syrah or Zin or something a little less “ambitious” that actually has some varietal characteristics rather than a grape that is quite difficult to show well at a low price. My experience with inexpensive Cabs is they all pretty much taste like “red” wine. Just my $.02 anyway.

I agree 100%. Very well said.

Yes well put and believe answers my question, though I did very much enjoy the Pedroncelli 2009 Cab from a previous offer which was $15.
Anyone had both and can compare?

You could have put the Dyson in your “cart” then come here and put the Karma in your cart, then checked out both at the same time for one $5 shipping charge.

Believe it or not I’m passing on this offer, I “found” some quality Cabs at Ralphs (Kroger) and with their 30% off get some solid Cabs for 8 to 9 dollars, with tax and shipping this comes to close to $10 a bottle, buying 12 of an Unknown (to me) is a lot of bottles if I don’t like it.

I think cheap case offers are a tough sell for this very reason. I know a lot of people complain about wanting lower priced offers, but I come here for the offers that are more limited/expensive. By the way Fred, keep checkin’. Something you might enjoy may just be popping up soon. :wink:

What are you finding, for us other SoCal shoppers?

The wine/winemaker might simply have had troubles in sales/marketing. Some winemakers are not lucky sometimes selling enough in time and just need to sell cheaper to get rid of their stuff.
Marketing/brand reputation is a huge aspect and there are many bargains on the market when this happens.
The previous tasting notes for this wine however did not help me too much somehow and I have a lot coming my way anyways. I was however very interested, and will look forward for more affordable offers in the future or even a repeat of this at another time.
… or maybe…

You have gotten my attention

@Ralphs, I found a real nice Cab (Surprise) for 8.50 when you buy six (they all don’t have to be the same) called Carnivor. robust deep red, stain your teeth red, very nice wine