California Umbrella 9-ft Patio Umbrellas

California Umbrella 9-ft Patio Umbrellas

The photo shows 8 ribs but the description says 6 ribs. There is a difference, and it’s not just the number 2.

1 Like

Anyone find a matching base for this?

It is called common core math so of course the description wont match the photos - I think it is 8 ribs. Wish they would sell just the canvas mine from 3 years ago is a bit worse for the wear but the plastic and wood is fine.

Make your base base - get a used brake disc from your local auto shop, get a bag of cement, and a plastic low container - you know the ones you dump your beer in a fill with ice? get a length of 2 inch cast pipe and secure the brake to the pipe! put it all together and viola a base that is solid for the ages.

2 Likes

Woot has one available for $59. Amazon has quite a few for various prices. The Woot price seems about average based on what I saw there but I did not look at all of them. Worth checking out. The home made on shown in the comment below would work. You could also make it a little more attractive with some paint for the pipe and some cement color mix. The color mix is available at the big home DIY stores in a few colors. Probably available elsewhere also. You would mix the color additive when you are mixing the concrete. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Why an I getting charged 6 bucks for shipping and handling?? Shipping is supposed to be free with prime!

You’re logging in with Amazon I presume.

Have you tried via Incognito mode on the browser of your choice?

I have not FoodyFrog, but I shall!

Still 6 bucks!

But after I confirmed my address, thre shipping handling fee went away. Thanks for your help!

Yay! Glad to see it was resolved.

(I was about to throw a whole list of possible suggestions your way.)

Does anyone know how thick the pole is?

4 Likes

Got my two white ones today. Pretty happy. 8 ribs. Pole is metal with a wood grain finish, looks fine. Comes in two pieces - the bottom 4’ or so if metal covered plastic pole and then the top 4’ with all of the umbrella ness. The two poles screw together with very thick plastic threaded ends.

I unfortunately am not going to use them as spouse didn’t want them on our current balcony (probably the right move…) So we’re keeping them until we move in a few months.

I’ve purchased a few other 20-50$ umbrellas and even 100$ cantilever one (don’t ever do that… Useless) and this seems like the best I’ve had.

Good luck, happy wooting

1 Like

I would also like to know the diameter of the pole.

1 Like

The pole is 1.5” in diameter.

1 Like

Rustic.

The last bullet in the Woot listing says, Umbrella Pole is 1.5-inches in diameter

I just received my umbrella today. It looks good at my table I already had a heavy umbrella stand so I used that. My only complaint was that I was unable to get the spoke through any of the holes I couldn’t push the umbrella up that high. So I had to make my own holes. I guess that’s what happens when you pay $32 for a 9ft umbrella. Besides that love it!

We added that info after he asked.
:w_happy2:

I also had this problem. It took two hands and all I could manage to push the umbrella open enough to clear the lowest hole for the retaining pin. I guess it won’t fall out. I was worried about it getting sheared off, it is so thin. But seems ok so far. Perhaps when the fabric stretches out a bit there will be less tension pushing down on the ring? Other than that, I like the umbrella a lot, especially for the low ball deal price.