Callaway uPro Golf GPS

Will it help Charles Barkley any?

Does anyone know if this would be good for geocaching?

Can the beer cart find us out on the back 9 with this?

Not unless there are geocaches on the golf courses…

YouTube video ad

Golfsmith review

uPro Golf GPS by Callaway Golf - Improve Your Skills!

Looks like an iPod prototype…

…and it’s called μPro, not uPro.

“mu” as in the Greek letter μ, meaning “micro”.

I wouldn’t advise geocaching on golf courses.

At least this video sales pitch isn’t a “commercial” (no music, you see the salesperson–edit, kind of like the Golfsmith video from NightGhost’s post)-from PGATourStop:

I have used this with my golfing buddies and it is one of the best on the market. No annual fee just purchase the courses for $10.

That has always amazed me. Basketball is one of the most athletically demanding sports, and at one time Barkley was regarded as the second-best player on the planet (after MJ, of course). And yet, there’s only one word that acurately describes his golf swing:

SPAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

(that’s 17 Z’s)

I purchased one of these off of eBay. $99 is a good price. It is slow to turn on, slow to find the GPS sats, slow to switch between holes and the video flyover is almost useless because of the small screen in the glare of a golf course.

In spite of that, it is very good at giving you accurate distances and showing you the distance to where the hazards are.

I also use the SkyDroid app on my Droid X smartphone . . . and it is just as good and cost just a few dollars.

If you have an Andriod phone, get SkyDroid instead on any golf GPS.

If I had installed the SkyDroid app before purchasing the uPro, I would never have brought it.

Only you can tell us if you have a problem doing so to begin with. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

This is a quality post!!!

From the front page,a you tube explaining both modes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq6SmgmCAEg

I have lots of friends that travel to warmer climates to golf throughout the winter so this isn’t a seasonal buy necessarily. Buying 1 for a CPA that did me a big favor and wouldn’t charge me for his work. He loves to golf year round. I’m sure he’ll golf several times before the upcoming spring or summer with his g/f, my best friend.

I hope this works better than that total POS that is the Sylvania HD 720p that arrived today…

Bad Woot, bad.

Anyone know if this would go over well for my 65-year-old, non-techno Dad? He golfs every week, I think he’d love it, but he’s sooooooo not into learning how to use gadgets unless they really perform.

Geocaching? No. However, it would be great for gopher catching.

WOOT!

this should go well with my other woots:

Nike SasQuatch Sumo 2 Lucky 13 Driver (may I add…one of the loudest drivers I have had the pleasure of hitting)

Wilson Harmonized Putter

55 Degree Wedge with Instructional DVD

Golf Scope Distance Finder with Stroke Counter

Zing DeskTop Sports Chip Shotz Golfer

Merry Xmas to the woot staff and to all…

My wife got me one of these units last year. It works great! A lot of nice features for determining the layout of whats up ahead and the actual distances to hazards, front, middle and back of green. Excellent gift for a golfer.

I have the same question for my dad - except he’s 85, with beginning stages Parkinson’s and golfs a little less frequently now…will take any other gift suggestions!