Calphalon Self-Sharpening 15-Piece Knife Block Set

Calphalon Self-Sharpening 15-Piece Knife Block Set

Are these dishwasher safe?

No. These not even being stainless steel and being high carbon, they’d likely rust right away.

Learned that lesson the hard way years ago when I put a stainless steel knife (different brand) in the dishwasher once and it came out with small rust spots. Contacted the manufacturer and complained because it specifically said they were dishwasher safe.

They sent me a new set and now they get hand washed and dried and put back into the block. I’ve had them for many years now and have only had to sharpen them a bit.

Having owned a “self sharpening” Calphalon set for a couple of years, while they are
very good knives, the “self sharpening” part of their description should be re-classified
as “self honing” - which is OK. But self sharpening - not so much.

Watch out - they get you by not including the 8” bread knife so you have to order that separately to complete the block.

1 Like

That’s just rude. I would be so mad if I spent $100 on a knife set only to find one missing. Especially the bread knife. Mine gets abused in my house sometimes…

It’s borderline fraud how they list this. The 15th piece in this 15 piece set is the block. No bread knife = no deal.

All knife sets count the block as a piece. I’d start with Calphalon for that battle.

1 Like