Calstar Cellars

Sonoma Coast CH would be more to your liking then.

Ok just to be clear here, while I personally like the Sangiacomo CH better than the Sonoma Coast, they are both nice wines and plenty of people like the Sonoma Coast better.

If you like the Tandem or LaFollette CHs my Sangiacomo, is from fruit off the opposite end of the block he gets CH out of and we pick at the same time.

I love the Sangiacomo (storied Sonoma vineyard) chard-it was well-received at our Hallo-woot tasting. That said, I can go either way on Chards- buttery/California or more Burgundian- depending on the food, the friends I’m with and the producer. I guess that makes me bi-chardonal. (Rimshot)

I’m going to regret not getting the chard and the PN. I promised SWMBO, though. No wine in February except for the orange wine. March can’t come fast enough.

2009 Calstar Cellars Sangiacomo Vineyard Chardonnay

“High acidity, would go great with seafood! Loquat, fuji apple, pineapple and minimal oak”

2008 Calstar Cellars Zin

“Old world style zin. Excellent.”

These are my notes from the Hallowoot tasting! Better late than never right? :wink: And just as a disclaimer, I haven’t eaten a loquat in years, but that’s what immediately popped into my head at first impression of the Sangiacomo chardonnay. The zin notes are lacking, I know…

Cellar tracker review of 2009 Sonoma Coast CH Color is crystal light gold, it almost shines. Nose (I get at least), pear, lemon and a hint of grass. The mouth is medium full, sweet citrus flavors, oak showing as vanilla, creamy, not thick or oily on the finish.