Calstar El Dorado County Zinfandel (4)

Calstar El Dorado County 2008 Zinfandel
$58.99 $̶1̶1̶3̶.̶0̶0̶ 48% off List Price
2008 Alta Zin, El Dorado County
CT link above

Winery website

I can assure you that this wine is Most Awesome, even though I’ve never tasted it, because I live in El Dorado County, where Awesome is the new grey.

Wait… what?

I bought this last time around and absolutely love it. Don’t have specific notes but I recall thoroughly enjoying the wine and purchasing again.

I got at least one bad bottle last time.
Which happens and is a complete bummer.
Note to self : try wine before planning to serve w/ meal.

I gave one bottle away. Hope it’s ok.
Haven’t had the courage to open another. Maybe this listing will be the impetus I need. Tomorrow ? er later today that is.
I’ll get back and let you know.

I hate to bring this up but this exact wine was on Invino last week for $14.99/bottle with FS on purchase over $50.00 making it around $65 for 4 shipped to SoCal vs this offer ($ 78 shipped)…big difference. I was very tempted. then but dont purchase much on there so held back. I know WD will make this right.

i’m on it. stay tuned.

Sorry to those that had bad bottles. I just had to bottles of the 2007 from the same vineyard.They were drinking beautifully.

Thanks for joining us on the first Sunday of football!

Do you get a free membership to CalStar when you buy the wine?

This is tasty juice! Nice balanced Zin from the foothills, none of that fruit-bomb stuff here. I haven’t tasted this one in a while, but I quit enjoyed it last time I did.

Thanks. This is why I purchase the majority of my vino on WW.

[hr]PRICE UPDATE[hr]
WD has lowered the price to $58.99. Now let’s show him some gratitude by making this wine sell out! Who’s with me?

Small print: If you already purchased, money will come flying back into your pockets soonish.

Wow, now that’s service. Glad to see El Dorado represented. It’s a fun little AVA. May have to jump in on this one.

Thanks! why I like working with El Dorado fruit. Nice ripe tannins to balance the fruit, and due to the lower temps more flavor w/o the alcohol (or stuck ferment)

Bravo! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the price adjustment. I have really enjoyed this wine from past offers. Sorry I don’t have detailed tasting notes, but as a lover of Zins, I have definitely enjoyed this one!

Buy moar wine.

Thank you . It didn’t work out for me to try another bottle tonight. I guess the next time you come by w/ some fine libation I will let you know how it turned out.