Camas Naturals Hand Sanitizer (16oz 4-Pack)

Camas Naturals Hand Sanitizer (16oz 4-Pack)

This sale is timely . I just spent way too much time trying to buy hand sanitizer locally without having to go inside a store to look for one with at least 60% alcohol. I’d be willing to walk inside a store if I knew they had it in stock—but the websites give no guarantee of that.

Initially this sanitizer was not my first choice but after comparing the ingredients (inactive as well as active), it became clear that Camas is the best choice of these selections.

Thanks Woot for somehow knowing that my GermX supply is running low.

4 Likes

Quick delivery of this hand sanitizer but I think I will use it to start the bonfire. I ordered the unscented version and it has a unique odor. My guess would be a mix of cat urine, mold and grain alcohol. Turned my stomach instantly. I’ll take my chances with soap and water.

2 Likes

Lavender scent is what bourbon street used to smell like during the daytime. It’s horrible. Particularly so for any friends of Bill W out there. Woot really should note how pungent and boozy this stuff is, I thought I was getting Purell. Maybe it’s my own fault. What a waste.

2 Likes

We bought the Liquid version. It does smell like alcohol, but at 80%, it’s what I’d expect. During a pandemic, it’s good to know there’s hand sanitizer available! Thanks Camas Naturals.

2 Likes

This stuff is great! It doesn’t dry my hands out like others and has a pleasant scent :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m happy it seems like a bottle of rubbing alcohol so at least I know it’s going to work. Since I can’t buy Lysol I bought this and put it in my own spray bottle. I just wish the shipping was a little faster. Happy I found this! Who cares how it smells, at least it’s keeping you safe!

2 Likes

Mine arrived on either Friday or Sat (I was camping and the neighbor didn’t check the mail). I purchased the unscented and it does have a mildly unpleasant smell. I have actually sniff my hands to smell it though, so if others hadn’t posted about the smell I wouldn’t have noticed.

There is no expiration date on the bottles though. Perhaps the high alcohol content explains this?

I purchased the lavender gel. This stuff is absolute garbage. I’d call it CRAP, but that word has taken on an entirely different connotation here on Woot!. The scent is weak at best. But what it’s main purpose, hand sanitizing? Not so much. Seems like it has maybe 20% of the 70% alcohol it claims to have. But the worst of it is that whatever other godforsaken ingredients there are in this, as soon as you rub your hands together enough to evaporated what little alcohol and “deionized” water is in it, it becomes a sticky coating, and the only way to deal with that? Yup, wash my hands with soap and water. It’s more like what it feels like when you try to rub 100% aloe gel on your hands; same sticky feeling. How sticky? Sticky enough to press my hand against an unopened piece of mail in a business-sized envelope, and pick it up and wave it around, stuck to me. That’s how sticky. Now I have 4 bottles of garbage that I can’t even use to start fires with.