Cameras & Accessories

Does the Samsung HMX-F80BN/XAA have a led light for recording in dark places??

Sorry for the late reply.
According to the specifications on the sale it has a Power LED function.
Is this what you’re referring to?

Does anyone know if this has an audio “in” option? I have sound coming from a soundboard that would go into the camcorder for the audio.

No it doesn’t look like it has a built in light, or even a shoe. You would have to use an external light source for recording at night. (Though I can’t remember the exact names currently, I know there are LED lights you can buy that have a bar that attaches to the Tripod mount. Then the bar has a shoe you can attach the light to).

On which camcorder specifically? The Samsung lists its inputs/outputs as Composite, HDMI, and USB 2.0, so not seeing anything that supports an external mic/audio source on that one. The Toshiba CAMILEO X416 seems to have a 3.5mm jack, but Toshiba isn’t particularly forthcoming about it, and I had to try and glean that from reviews of it.

Thanks, I was talking about Samsung HMX-F80BN/XAA 720p Camcorder with 52x Optical Zoom. Guess I will have to think about the Toshiba.

I bought the Samsung NX-1000 a couple weeks ago and I think it is an awesome camera. I’d put up a link to some pics, but all I have is lame pics of our cats because I haven’t had the time to get out.

The Pentax K-01 takes really good photos. The performance of the image sensor is best in class among the APS-C size sensors. And you can use any Pentax K mount lens ever made, going back 50 years. On the down side, it’s a discontinued model, it never sold well, it’s big and heavy for a mirrorless camera, and it’s ugly. But if you don’t care about that stuff (apparently most people do) you can get some darn good photos with this piece of equipment.

With all that maybe it will go lower? Is there a new model to replace it?

I bought the Samsung NX-1000 just last week. The remote viewfinder is fun.

No, this is the last of the supply likely. It’s getting progressively harder to find it at a reasonable price. There is no new item to replace it - they are just phasing it out. One exception - if you live in Japan they actually made a new color variation (Blue and White).

I keep looking at my trusty old SLR 35mm Olympus and wishing there was a digital way to use the great lenses I have for it. Is there?

http://www.olympusamerica.com/crm/oneoffpages/ask_oly/crm_e_ask_oly_07_09.asp

I just saw that it sold out, but for the next time: The Toshiba camileo: I bought two earlier this week and they arrived so I started playing with them.
Pros: optics and stabilization are highqulity and cheap as hell for what you’re getting. seriously, awesome little guys with great quality.

Having the 16GB on board is GREAT just to know I don’t have to keep track of yet another card [multiple cameras to be signed in and out in the studio]

Negs: It pics up a little bit of white noise, not a lot, you can easily post process it out with video editing software.

I think film Olympus cameras are OM mount, which I think might be abandoned :frowning:

Just got the Samsung ST201 today and I can’t wait to try it out. But I’m going to have to since the product description doesn’t mention Micro-SD cards even though the product description does.
Care to guess which one I relied on?

Sorry but I’m having trouble following this. From looking at the sale, I see the features mention microSD but the specs said SD. Is that the confusion? I’ve emailed off to get that fixed in future sales. Just want to make sure I’m not missing something else.