Cameron Hughes Mixed Red Pack (6)

I see that people have already commented on the Lodi Zin and the Malbec, so I opted for a bottle of the Syrah.

“I don’t always have wine with breakfast, but when I do, I have Cameron Hughes Lot 224.”

(Not quite… breakfast was a while ago and I only had a taste, by itself… I have to leave for work soon.)

Dark purple, (slightly) sour fruit, maybe plum and cherries. Not hot or sweet. Very pleasant.

I ran a wee bit through the vinturi to speed things up and did not like the result as much, though I noticed a nice vanilla toffee flavor. Still nice overall, but too soft after the vinturi.

I’m going to wait for some more comments (and I’ll post another one after dinner tonight) but I believe I’ll be in for two…

I have had several Cameron Hughes wines and have been pleasantly surprised by all but one white. The downside is when you store one of their wines for a year, drink it, love it, and can’t get anymore :slight_smile:

In for one, only because my wine refrigerator is pretty full.

SWMBO has been making Sangria lately, so she needs more. Not saying this is bad, just somewhat untested by what it sounds like here; in for one.

Thank you for drinking before noon (all in the interest of the community, of course).

A few months ago I posted in community deals a Cameron deal which I posted. Same varieties, but different Lots which were wonderful!!! The price/bottle in this deal is a little less, but for anyone who prefers reds, these CH reds are quite impressive and can be enjoyed by themselves and work well with any dinner faire (or lunch! or breakfast!!! And especially with your significant other). Enjoy!

you are such a good sport-chalk one sale up to you…

Hey all…can anyone tell me if summer shipping ($7) is in effect for this offering? Cesare usually tells us in the first post. It’s been awhile since I’ve ordered vino.

I placed my first order a couple of weeks ago, and it was $5.

This deserve round of applause. Bravo!

I’m in!

Yes, summer shipping is in effect but it no longer costs $7, just the standard $5.

They sell a lot of CH at Costco.
I’ve yet to find one I’ve enjoyed.
They do road shows and the guy hawking them said I would absolutely love a Meritage they were pushing. I have to admit,it wasn’t bad. YMMV. X

thanks for your honest opinion. yes. i’m a little freaked out by this wine. if there are any more “rats” out there who have tried these wines, please post up. i want to pull the trigger but i don’t want this to turn into that white oak merlot fiasco…

I can’t say no to any cheap Woot Reds, so in for one.

I was able to try the Cameron Hughes Lot 313 “Field Blend” (mostly Zin) the other night and was very pleasantly surprised. It was quite a delicious and drinkable wine. In for one and hoping these Lots are just as tasty.

I have about 2 1/2 cases of various CH reds right now - seriously, you cannot go wrong for the price. I’m hoarding a case of Lot 259 white as well. CH wines aren’t usually available where I live, so I stock up when I find it or force my son or daughter to buy & bring to me. I don’t have any tasting notes, but I’ve had all three of these wines & am in for this woot. Great QPR.

My short notes from a Costco Lot 234 purchase, not one of today’s selections.

Wanted to try this while Costco may still have it, was hoping for more for $15, but drank well, if a bit simple.

I’ve not repurchased.
I did get this woot however.

Earlier got the Lot 308 & 309 French sparklers CH was selling for $7 each delivered that well serve their intended function.

I have tried all three. At these prices, you will not be disappointed.

Hello Wooters!

Sorry to not be around this morning but I had to have an emergency harddriveectomy.

Looks like many of you are familiar with CHW so that’s great. I would like to add that there are some awards for these wines: Best Buy from Wine Enthusiast on Lot 224 Syrah, Double Gold Medal on the Zin from California State Fair, and the Malbec is probably the best of the bunch!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

cameron

I just tried purchasing and was denied. CA is always on the list. Anyone elese having issues? Thanks

And in for one myself. Just can’t pass on good, cheap Woot red’s.