Grape: Grenache, Syrah
Alcohol by volume: 14.5%
Production: 6,100

Lot 339 California Field Blend
Grape: 75% Syrah, 14% Mourvedre, 6% Petite Sirah, 5% Grenache
Alcohol by volume: 14.4%
Production: 4,450 cases
Drink/Hold: Now and through 2017

Anyone else find the lot numbering for usage as a name for a wine to be lame or is it just me.

I’ve bought a lot of Cameron Hughes wine over the past several years and likely will buy more.

Lot 325 is sold out but info is here:

Lot 352 is shown as ‘coming soon’

Lot 339:
http://chwine.com/lot-339-2010-california-field-blend/

shipping price went up huh

ah… summer deal http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5470200&pageindex=1&replycount=49

Yeah I’m with Spammie here. I have bought Cameron Hughes wines a number of times and consistently find my experience to be good to excellent, especially with regard to QPR.
I was first introduced to CH when woot bought up a good portion of the remaining inventory from Havens winery. It was through the discussion boards here that I found that the entire stock of the fabled Havens Black and Blue was bought and being sold (as shiners) by CH. My level of respect for Cameron as négociant was heightened accordingly. I can’t say I’ve been disappointed.
That said, I’ve been fortunate enough to have been able to find CH wines at discounts somewhat better then what I see here on Woot (all the better from a strictly QPR standpoint), though that factor is negated by the excellent forum discussions and shipping value that I have found here. FWIW
rk

This?

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/42329/next-cube-gallery.jpg

I once had a cluster of those.

I learned about CH wine in 2010 from this WSJ article:

They sell direct & thru other locations, including some Costco & Sam’s Club stores. Prices are generally discounted @ Sam’s & Costco, but unfortunately they rarely show up in my area. I usually wait until they have a sale & then buy a few cases of whatever’s interesting.

I wonder whether the great QPR from the past few years can continue if the economy picks up.

Not particularly fond of CH wines.

Never had a bad bottle of CH. However, my Costco sells CH for $9/bottle…so I gotta pass.

But do they sell THESE bottles for $9 each?

This is an interesting mix, hard to go wrong for the price IMHO.

I’ve had close to 10 different lot #'s from CH and I have to say I’m a huge fan. Good juice for the sub $15 price point.

Is that really a Next machine? I seem to remember them looking slightly different. Pretty impressive to have had a cluster of them - very costly equipment IIRC.
end thread highjack

Yup, the original cube.

Anyone else get a huge delay in shipping?
Info to fedex on the 9th, but it didn’t actually get to them until yesterday…

I seem to have terrible luck with wine.woot :frowning:

That’s about right. Wine takes longer to ship that our other sites. This is due to the care taken in timing the shipments so the wine keeps moving and isn’t stuck on a hot truck for a weekend.

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it’s still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

estimated arrival for me is tomorrow. i thought it was a bit long

Mine arrived literally seconds after I got home from work. (about 6 in fact)

I think it might be a good evening to sit in the pool with wine and bbq. (Might not be warm enough out, its only 97 right now.)

another annoying thing is that in my hood Fedex is stopped delivering to door. this has happened few times in the row now, i have to go to the apt. office to pick it up.

had 2 deliveries today. UPS delivered to door (and does every single time) FedEx just marks it as ‘Customer not available or business closed’ and takes it to office, even though i was home. annoying.