Camp Chef Deluxe Pellet Grill and Smoker

Camp Chef Deluxe Pellet Grill and Smoker

FIrst pic (zoomed in) shows an X-probe and Y-probe plug in. Is it correct that there are 2 probes? Does it come with 2 probe wires?
Thanks

I bought this Camp Chef Smoker last year for about $100 more. Love this smoker! Get the Sear Box add-on to complete the package. Solid construction, and tons of Youtube videos on how to smoke ribs, chicken, brisket, pork and much more. Our favorite thing is smoking a Papa Murphy’s Pizza. Yum!

2 Likes

I agree with rmsalt. I too purchased this grill last year (from the Mothership) and I love it. It has some features other pellet grills do not. I made some of the best brisket I have ever had on the first try. It does take a while to get to the highest temp settings, but it is worth the wait.

2 Likes

I only see 1 probe in the pic and the instructions only show 1 probe (and doesn’t show the x/y, only one input). Based on that and the description, I suspect there is only one. The pic on the mothership for this grill only shows one input as well. My guess is that the pic is for a different model.

That said, I have been looking at this grill for awhile, and this is $100 off the price I have been seeing for it, so I pulled the trigger. My son has this grill (with the sear box) and loves it.

Also bought same model last year from Woot ($459) and it’s been solid fun. Easy to assemble, easy to use and produces great tasting meats, sit back and let it do the work. Also easier to clean with ash clean up system than other smokers. Woots pic shows this unit has a sight glass for the level of pellets, mine doesn’t have that and I have only 1 temp probe. Haven’t used any other grill since I bought this one, have 2 others bbq’s.

1 Like

Also add the sear box from Camp Chef, when you can, another great addition that other smokers are catching up on. Check Amazon on price, got mine for $200.

1 Like

Hi all. We checked with the vendor on the probes:

The picture is correct it has two holes for probes.

It comes with one stainless steel probe another one can be purchased separately.

1 Like

Is this the 2018 or 2019 model?

Some pellet grills/smokers require their brand of pellets are used, otherwise it voids the warranty. Are specific pellets required, or are any brand hardwood pellets acceptable?

From the vendor: Food grade hardwood pellets designed for pellet grills will not void the warranty, the Camp Chef pellets are recommended for best performance.

Hi there. This is the newest model with all the current upgrades.

1 Like

I have the cabelas branded grill … only difference is a window… I would recommend the jerky racks
And the pellet smoke tube

1 Like

Will the deal come back. I missed out

It is back. But now its $20.00 more.

Actually, I just received mine and it only has one probe connector.

And yes, I didn’t notice until I had the whole thing assembled. Check that all the parts were there but not for a missing probe hole. (let the humor begin)

Well, blast. I’m sorry. Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Let’s see what options they have.

I did, and they made it right. I’ll say that everything else about the grill was as shown. Shelf, window, and most important, bottle opener. I’m just wondering if I was the lucky one in a thousand that had an older controller put in. But I’m good to go now.

Same for me. I just emailed customer service.

They just offered me to return or a credit. Did they offer you an upgraded controller, or ???