Camp Chef Pellet Grill - 2016 Model Black

I have no idea why CampChef and everyone else in this thread is calling it a grill. This is NOT a grill, this is a smoker shaped like a grill, period. If you’re using a pellet smoker for grilling, you’re doing it wrong. At full-bore it’s blowing through pellets trying to get to 500 and it’s not designed for that. It’s designed for consistent temperatures between 200-230 for slow-smoking meat.

I’ll say with 100% certainty, this thing is amazing at just that - slow smoked meat. I’ve smoked 10lb pork shoulders, pork butts, 8lb briskets, and 24lb whole packer brisket. I’ve previously smoked on a home-built smoker box just hand feeding in wood to a chamber all day, and this thing is a game changer. With my pellet feeder I’ve never had a lack of smoke flavor, never had anything but rave reviews on my bbq. It’s a really great machine for set it and forget it. Which is what I want for a whole packer brisket that took 18hrs to smoke. I probably used about $5 worth of pellets, and stick to a brand I found on Amazon that are a better value, flavor and duration that Traeger brand.

I bought mine on woot in November-ish and I highly recommend it.

And to clarify people talking about “not enough smoke”…I have no idea what bbq world you come from, but you’re looking for blue smoke, not white smoke, when smoking meat. That faint wispy bluish white cloud coming out is usually the sign you’re in the low 200 range. Any thick white smoke means heavy burning, hot temperatures, and bad flavor. Mine kicks out the white smoke during preheat, but on both low smoke and high smoke settings, it’s the perfect blueish white smoke coming out, and a steady temp range of about 220-230 on high smoke.

Jorfrost is a TRUE smoker. You sir are no Jurfrost.

Is there one in the corner some where? I’d like one please find more, did someone’s check bounce email me!!!

Set mine pup yesterday and am happy with it except that it is really wobbly. We used a power drill to connect everything so it’s not because we didn’t tighten it enough. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem, I used one of those self adhesive felt pads that keep furniture from scraping your floors. Stuck it to the short leg and it worked great for me.