Can & Jar Opener Set

I have a set of these (black) and they are the same shade color and work great. Granted, I have only used each of them a few times, but they do seem like they are made well. I hope they continue to work well!

I also had a very nice experience with the Rikon people in obtaining a replacement can opener but neither one works so I do NOT recommend this product. Have never tried the jar opener.

Bought the set last time they were offered on here, love the can opener, works like a charm. The jar opener I use more just to open beers then jars, but might come in handy one day.

The jar opener is the best I’ve ever used and is worth $10 to me just for it alone.

OP is right, though, they’re both a bit on the large size for crowded utensil drawers.

Still, I would buy it again.

Mine broke too after less than five days. I contacted Kuhn Rikon and they are sending a replacement.

My interest is waning with this one… received a faulty opener which the mfr replaced. But now, 6 months later, it’s having problems cutting. Usually takes me 2 passes to remove the top, and that causes nasty metal burrs to form that puncture your skin. I probably open 10 cans a week… average use. Disappointed here. I’d pass this up unless you need a novel gift for someone you don’t care about.

I bought a set from Woot back when. I love them. They work as advertised, not much else to say about a can opener/bottle opener.

My story exactly, only I’ve got a single replacement can opener. Support was fantastic and they sent a replacement no questions asked, but it’s as useless as original. Just like everyone else said, jar opener works, can opener is junk.

Thanks for the comment/review. I have toyed with the idea over several offerings of these but thought they looked a little bulky. I have limited drawer space so between my initial gut feelings and your actual comments, I will pass.

Really? How come?

I read the manual… just needed to start out with that. I purchased 3 of these and it was a waste, the plastic is cheap, I know that on the first fall it will be it’s last. The can opener has a pair of pliers piece and it’s not strong enough. Basically once you got the opener positioned right, it doesn’t do a great job at opening so there are parts still not cut and the weird part is that you are supposed to feel when it’s done opening, I didn’t and the spots are all over, so not just where I left off.

I own another one like this, and I have been using it for over 5 yrs. I love it, the technology is great; I don’t like the sharp cans of the old conventional can openers and not to mention putting the outside of he can to the food. I grabbed this sale because I like to have the same color, but it’s not worth it. The Jar opener looks complicated as well, I just use on of those silicon mats and I have enough grip to open up almost all jars. the ones i can’t open I can see this jar opener breaking because of the cheap plastic.

I got the set months ago and have used the can opener daily since. It works great for me. Use it to open the dog food cans every day without issue.

I also use the jar opener frequently for fruit jars. I used to have to hold the jar under hot water and tap the lid to get it lose. Now I just use this and the jar pops open, no worries.

But I must echo that storing them is a pain. They are both fairly large. the can opener is just obscenely large for no practical purpose. So they don’t fit in my kitchen drawers, and even the hooks I have for such items (such as my other can cutter) are far too small to hold them. So they sit on my counter top and often get in the way.

But even with that annoyance, they’ve been nothing but a great thing for me and my daughter. I’d only hesitate to recommend them as it seems from the reviews that I got the only working set known to exist.

I’m special.

Man, that really bites, I got 5 uses out of mine.

Woot soup?

Is that some kind of Scottish greeting?

It’s weird how most people seem to like one but hate the other, an hardly anyone likes both.

I never got my can opener to work. It will get trashed.

I like the jar opener, but it doesn’t feel strong. I wouldn’t bite again.

I got these on a recent Woot and have never gotten the can opener to work (yes, I have used similar openers successfully). However, I have arthritis in my hands and the jar opener is a life saver. It opens pretty much any size or type of screw top container. I really like the fact that the handle adds leverage. With my hands, a typical plastic grip doesn’t help a lot. I wish they were sold separately. I’d get 3 of the jar openers…

I bought a set. The Jar Opener works well. The can opener must be defective; I can’t make it work in any way. Sometimes, I think it’s going to work, the can turns all the way around, but the top won’t come off.
They are both very large for the function they serve. Won’t fit in a drawer.
The can opener I use is much smaller and takes the lid off correctly without sharp edges. Like I said, I think the can opener is defective.

OK…what was the name of the Unknown Opener…We Wooters Want To Know…

Well, count me as one who likes both. I use the can opener quite often, mine works flawlessly. I DID RTFM, maybe that helps.

The jar opener is a blessing for those of us with damaged hands.

Both of mine store quite nicely on the pegs on my pot holder rack.

YES, I would buy these again.