Can Politics Be Civil?

Ironically it was sold to the American people in the guise of the exact opposite of what you just said.

1 Like

I do understand your experience as you present, but twenty million citizens have gained healthcare that didn’t have access before. I felt the burn of being thrown off my coverage because of the ACA but that was because it was the stalemate of the two parties. There is after all one side of the aisle that believes healthcare should be a fundamental human right since the 90’s and the other party resisting and willing to allow the citizenry to suffer from in the name of “pulling up bootstraps!”
We seem to be arguing the same point with agreement in spirit but defiant by individual experience.
There is an alternative. It’s your choice at this point.

1 Like

Enjoy being a martyr. I do not because I believe in individual and inherent rights.

I have no choice. What are you talking about? The law of the land created a system which I have a choice to live on the streets or have insurance.

How is that a choice?

Access was denied before the ACA because of government intervention. It it still being denied because of government intervention.

Do you see the common source of problem?

To live in a society does limit such. It’s inherent to the concept.
The choice is to vote. You too may wish to review the history of health insurance and the reason for its design. You, me were never the first thought. I get you are mad and it struck your family. But process is never convenient or easy. And yes, there’s collateral damage in anything that affects mass. A principle of physics.

If I may also say, thanks for allowing me to engage. The back and forth allows for more bridges than walls.

4 Likes

tenor

1 Like

Just thought you guys might like a little humor.

1 Like
1 Like

This is what I’ve be on about. He’s always referring to himself as “your favorite president” and asking for praise. If you want to be loved and appreciated, you can’t just go around calling yourself the greatest while begging for recognition. A truly great man would be humble and his actions would speak for themselves.

1 Like

This would be refreshing. I grew up a country boy. It sure would be nice if the President actually lived the life of his “base” and truly shared their interests. That person might get my vote.

1 Like

Hey… don’t you go agreeing with me. You are going to completely blow my world view out of the water!

4 Likes

What a debate. One blow hard and one sail. Sadly they wind and the sail are going in opposite directions. No tacking allowed.

There was a debate?
I just saw a really weird episode of the muppet show…

5 Likes

TIL

It was weird that is for sure.

Trumps town hall… It went something like this…

It’s a shame the Democrats might be allowed to steal the election

1 Like

I was going to let this thread die, but since it was revived… in Woot’s own words…

2 Likes

I wish all of you well, regardless of how you voted. Take care, everyone.

5 Likes