Can Politics Be Civil?

something outside social media friend me, upvote

Marching in the streets 40 days straight not cutting it ? Jeez tough crowd

Who has been?

Going home and out to party and brag you walked in a parade is so cutting edge, right.

Not sure what youre going for, but an entire globe

edited my comment above

That’s the issue though your focusing on percents of percents. Out of the probably 40 million individuals that have gone out in the last month how many are doing it for an instagram post versus the greater good.

Just like sure a 200 people made a zone in Seattle out of the 100s of thousands that marched

That’s like saying because I don’t personally have cancer, I shouldn’t be bothered to learn about it and acknowledge it exists. Or because I have somewhere to live I shouldn’t care about those who are homeless.

I won’t continue to try to discuss this with you. All you’re interested in is throwing out insults and deflecting.

Never mind this commentary wasn’t meant to discourse with me as much as bury comments above. Forget what the French called that.

No it just reeks of hypocrisy to pretend you are an expert and know the difficult positions of police officers, that you ascribe entirely to racism, while protecting blacks from black monsters

I think the police is a top to bottom thing as far as accountability being necessary. Domestic abuse and drunk driving are let slide at pretty astonishing rates. They shouldn’t be immune to the law or to getting fired. They are servicing a community and should be held to a higher standard and if they fail to meet it they shouldn’t be cops. Again it goes on both sides of the argument and I get that it’s a percent of a percent of racist cops or bad apples but we’ve let them be rotten in there until retirement and are just finally doing something which hopefully leads to a better force.

I disagree, while it goes top to bottom it can happen at the bottom too. or medium to bottom more often

Then by that logic you don’t disagree, you are just adding another layer of problems that does exist but is a separate issue. Maybe better run communities would help reduce community crime. I’m sure there are some good studies to support that

How so?

BTW I edited my previous answer

Because you are saying yeah that’s true, but these guys kill each other too. It’s a nice sentiment to tell criminals to stop doing criminal things. One doesn’t negate the other. Having cops held accountable when they do their job poorly or don’t serve the community should be the feature of any job. If I go in a restaraunt and kneeled on the food for 9 minutes while staring at customers I’d expect to be fired not placed on administrative leave.

I’d probably expect to catch charges and have to pay for that food too.

"kneeled on the food "?

George Floyd reference? That’s off the wall

Aw… fuk it @ThunderThighs… what is it that the left says… silence is complicity? Censor me all you want, but I just can’t be silent.

Maybe you should. That is your problem. You spout off numbers and media bullshit lies/spin instead of actually talking to real live human beings. I do hang out in black neighborhoods and with actual black people - not some damn dimwitted, braindead/brainwashed millennial whose collected life experience wouldn’t fill a thimble - I mean black folks who either lived through the Civil Rights movement or their children. Not a single one of them ones I deal with give two shits about your statistics. They feel like most of us - that cops killing ANYBODY is a crime. The ones I know are just like me… they have worked their asses off to get what they have without any handouts or “affirmative action” and therefore they are damned proud of what they have achieved - as they well should be.

Yeah… a military force raised from the civilian population. That means you bub. Deal with it.

And do you thing that Ann Rylee was being predatory by being asleep in her bed when the police broke into her house to serve a warrant on a man who not only didn’t live there but was ALREADY IN JAIL!? Don’t know about her? I wouldn’t be surprised. She was white and that doesn’t make mainstream media. Oh, and no… she isn’t the only white person the cops have shot based on inaccurate information / baseless warrants. I can go back DECADES and provide you with names. ANY one shot in such a senseless way is a shame and should be denounced as such. The color of their skin should not matter one damned iota.

Yeah, but maybe before you go speaking out on behalf of all cancer victims, perhaps you might want to take the time to speak to those your “help” supposedly benefits. It just might turn out that your “help” is neither wanted or warranted. Just because you have a self-deprecating personality issue doesn’t make you the spokesperson for an entire race. As a matter of fact… as a white women, you’re probably the last person who needs to be beating the drum on their behalf…

2 Likes

Yeah gotta pull all the cards out. The crazy thing is those guys had they not been on a cell phone camera and only on body cam historically would have not lost their jobs just placed on paid leave for a few weeks after an investigation

There’s actual legal definition.

Bub? Wolverine? lol