Can’t change email or password Update: Success thanks to TT

Hi,
I had exchanged my amazon email years ago…the email for woot is now defunct. I need to change my email and password bc I received a defective laptop from woot yesterday, and I need to exchange this. Please assist, thanks.

Hi there. No worries.

For the return: Email support@woot.com and give them your order number, old email address. Ask them to use your new email address for the return label.

For the email/password: Email support@woot.com again and give them your old email address. Ask them to update it to your new email address.

Thanks so much, will try this and get back to you.

Hi again. I emailed support as you suggested in two different emails…the email to change the password and email has been…frustrating. I can forward you the thread, so far 3 different support folks have all suggested the same exact thing without even reading my email/explanation or the other replies from other support people. I haven’t gotten a reply to the laptop return. Here is the issue, this was a gift for my daughter’s birthday…for her online classes and coding. I am at the hospital treating folks, so my schedule is quite bad. I need to know if woot can a. Send me an exchange of the laptop or if they can’t I need to order one from another vendor ASAP. And b. the current email on my account is DEFUNCT, and I wanted to associate the same email as my amazon. I don’t have the password to Woot bc this is an amazon associated woot account. I have explained this three times today, to no avail with support, each reply is to change my password through my email, which I can’t do. I am on a time restraint, and my schedule is terrible. Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

Hi there. Let me reach out to CS.

Thank you, greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi TT, just checking in, I have not received any replies to either of my emails from support for the computer or the login…did you have any progress on your end? I really appreciate any help on this due to time crunch. I need to know if they can exchange or if I send this back I will need to find another from another vendor. Thanks.

Hi there. Just got an email from the CS manager. Your email is changed and she resent the return labels to your new email address. Make sure you check spam.

Thanks so much. The laptop is in the mail going back thanks to you. Emails and password are also updated. Greatly appreciated!! Take care.

2 Likes

I am in the identical pickle as SRBC and have handled the return via a phone call but the person on the phone said that they can not update my email address and when I emailed support@woot.com I received only a canned answer giving me instructions on how to change my email through the website. Please help

Yeah, Amazon took away our ability to change emails. (Curses the meddling…)

We’re working to get that fixed but it’s taking a while. Could you try again in about two weeks?

If you need assistance for something else in the meantime, CS can help you out.

Hello, i need to return an defective headphone. I dont have access to my amazon prime email anymore, can you help contact CS and ask them to email the instructions/return label to
Ps: i also emailed CS as you instructed above using this email.

[Vmod edit: removed order number and email address]

Hi there. You’re going to have to reach out to CS and give them your old email and then ask them to sent the labels to the other email.

Hi ThunderThighs,
I did send them 1 or 2 emails, but I wasnt sure they would get my email and responsed, thats why i was freaked out, googled and found this thread. Hopefully CS will reply to my old email.

They replied saying that my email is not associated with the account where the order was placed. And i need to sign in to my Woot account and change email. I dont have Woot account and dont have any password with Woot so I cant do anything.
All i can do, and did do, was change my amazon account, in hope that when i try to return the item again, it will send the return label to the new email from Amazon. Unfortunately, Woot site only show the email that i dont have access to anymore, and furthermore when i tried to return the item, it states “item cant be returned”, maybe because i already submitted “return” previously.
This is so frustrating. Now i really dont know what to do to. Is there anyway i can email CS and show them i am the real purchaser of the item? Can i include the order number?

So as I mentioned above, give them your old email address (that helps identify you) and then ask them to send the labels to the new email address. All our communications go to the email address on your Woot account.

Then follow these instructions to get your email address updated:

1 Like

The CS team replied to my email this time with link to return label, this solved my issue. I explained everything attached screenshot of this communication, forwarded an “package has been delivered” email from amazon to confirm my updated email, listed my old and new email,… i hope this can help ppl in the future if they find my comments here.
The CS also help to change my email in Woot, they asked for my old email, new email, phone, name so they can verify and update my woot email, so from
now i wont have issue cancel or return items anymore . All i had to do was responding to their email which had all the necessary instructions and infos.

I am very appreciate this forum, admin, your folllow-ups, and CS team. Thank you very much. I couldnt do it without this thread.

3 Likes

I need help with this exact same issue. I ordered microsoft office software but my redemption code was already used by someone else. CS won’t help me because when I reply back with the supporting details they tell me that my email account is not the same as that on my woot account. ATT removed worldnet from their emails years ago. I need help with changing the email and password associated with my account.

Email, email! Have you updated your email?

1 Like

I’ve tried and they told me they updated it but I have waited the requested amount of time and still no update.