can’t go back to forum from item?

when i’m reading community, use forum to get to an item for sale and then try to go back to the forum using the back ‘arrow,’ it doesn’t let me…i have to close out the app and start again. just me?

ios…

2 Likes

No and sorry. We’re aware of it. Not sure when it will get fixed though.

thanks for the response, glad it’s not just me.
hope your staycation is fab, you’ve earned it.

(also: thanks for interpreting that rather stilted post. I was posting from mobile and had a devil of a time with the app, it kept jumping around, making editing/clarifying difficult.)

2 Likes

Happens to me too. Really annoying. No one ever replies to me when I bring it up though. :sob::sob:

Squeaky wheel gets ignored

1 Like

Happens to me too. When I actually click on an item for sale it gets stuck there. The only way I can make it stop is to sign out and then back in again.

It only happens on my iPad. Not my desktop Mac.

yes, same. I’m rather glad it’s not just me.

Maybe we could do something helpful here and post as much information about the problem as we can. As a former techie, I know when resolving odd computer bugs odd bits of information can be helpful.

I switch back and forth between a desktop older Mac and an older iPad.

The problem only occurs on the iPad and the Woot! app.

When I actually click on an item for sale it gets stuck there. I cannot back up out of the item sale information. Even if I leave the app and do something else, when I come back into Forums it goes straight there. The only way I can make it stop is to sign out and then back in again.

It got stuck on something else yesterday, but I’ve forgotten exactly where it was. If I hit it again, I’ll edit here.

I’m current on both machines for updates.

An account with Comcast.

If a Woot! tech person reads this, feel free to ask for other information you’d fine helpful in resolving this bug.

FYI: this has been fixed. The back button within the app (upper-left corner) will take you to the Forum homepage now so you’re not stuck. Not perfect but that’s its intended behavior for now.

Fix is on Woot! app versions:

v261 on iOS
v235 on Android

3 Likes

Thank you for letting me know! And thank whoever did the fix!

4 Likes

OMG!!! THANK YOU!!!

BEST DAY EVER

3 Likes

You need to get out more.

2 Likes

none of us is getting out more, these days. woot is keeping us sane.

1 Like

this is some seriously fabulous news, thanks!

1 Like

I’d probably get shot if I went out more where I live.

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t want you to get shot. Stay inside where it’s safe and we will continue to abuse you unmecifully on this forum.

3 Likes

Oh great. I think I’ll go outside.

3 Likes

Bye-bye, have a nice time. We’ll be waiting for you if when you get back!

2 Likes

Can we abuse him in absentia?

2 Likes

Sure, that’s even more fun than having him here; he won’t be able to defend himself.

2 Likes