Can’t log in to pay with Amazon - 414 Error [RESOLVED]

Thanks!

1 Like

Same here!

Thanks! That worked for me too

1 Like

iPhone XR, version 14.4, woot app
Cookies etc cleared. 414 URI too large.

Not the first problem I’ve had with trying to use Amazon pay on Woot. I give Woot kudos for working to fix these problems but the recurrence of problems with Amazon (each one different) just makes it frustrating. Thanks.

1 Like

Device: Dell Desktop
Google Chrome
Sadface

414 Request-URI Too Large

Server

Clearing cache cookies yadda yadda yadda did indeed work

Can’t order using AmaZon either. Even got to denying my credit card. This problem started about a week or so ago. Hopefully they will see our posts and take care of the problem.

[MOD: Is your issue the same as this with error 414? The denied orders aren’t involved in this issue. Try logging out of Amazon & Woot. Then log back in. ]

UPDATE

Our dev team is still looking into the issues. If you are still having the issue currently, please drop a quick post letting us know.

Do also try clearing cookies for Amazon & Woot.

THANK YOU!

1 Like

me too. :frowning: SIGH. I switch to laptop and this is happening.

Using Chrome on Windows 10, I can not checkout my items. I’m getting the URI is too large.
I used to be able to checkout of Woot using this same system. Dunno why it doesn’t work now.

Logging out of Amazon and then trying again did the job. I didn’t log out of woot app or refresh cache. The log into amazon on woot first time took me to log into amazon (then nothing happened), then tried again and it worked.

WORKAROUND FOR NOW

To get around the error for now, you need to uncheck “Keep me signed in”. To do this:

1. On the Sign=in to Amazon page, uncheck “Keep me signed in”.
  2. If the next page says “To sign in to Woot!, click Continue” click "Not [yourname] up at the top of that window.
  3. Log in again with “Keep me signed in” not checked.
2 Likes

Thanks!

Still getting 414 code (frustrated).9:15pCST
Using app on iPhone 11pro.
Did all the advice. Won’t let me log in thru Amazon… (or Woot!). Also made me change my password after I logged out & tried to log back in (saying my password was wrong, but wasn’t).

I Buy here often, so I know how app works. But today, “aint workin’!” Not fixed.

1 Like

Had to do this to get it to work for me. Thanks for finding a work-around as the devs look for a fix.

Doing the following on a Samsung Galaxy S10 solved the issue for me:
Logged out of Woot app
Closed Woot app
Opened Woot app
Logged into Woot app

Note:
I was logged into and had Amazon app open while I did the above.
I didn’t need to log out of nor close Amazon app.

finally got it to log in, following TT directions.
Now, can somebody send be the 3 bags of Lavazza beans that I missed out on, because I couldn’t check out? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

ISSUE IS RESOLVED

Hello. The issue was resolved in the wee hours of the morn.

Root cause was the Amazon Pay team made an update to their code and that caused the issue. They rolled back that change and we’re all good.

1 Like