Can you drive a stick?

Can you drive a stick?

5 Likes

Feathering the clutch is the key

7 Likes

YES! and I miss it :frowning: meh… at least I still have to shift my bike. They haven’t taken that away from me yet!

3 Likes

I’ve never owned anything else. If/when I can no longer drive a stick - or they have completely disappeared, as is now slowly occurring – I will no longer care to drive at all.

10 Likes

Drive one daily. 6.0L LS2 with a 6spd.

3 Likes

Three cars and two motorcycles between my wife and I and not an automatic in sight.

(And a whole 5.15 liters of displacement between them all)

5 Likes

I could if I had to, but my knee would hurt.

2 Likes

All of these responses tell me is that you’re all old.

4 Likes

Yes, and I highly suggest it, as there is NO better auto theft deterrent! I swore I’d never own a car that wasn’t stick, but that changed when the wife and I started multiplying and our range of options disappeared. I do miss driving stick, greatly. Flappy paddles doesn’t count btw.

9 Likes

How’s that ya young whippersnapper? Can’t hear a single thing you’re yappin’.

6 Likes

Why would I want to drive one of these?

14 Likes

The Witch's Castle – Portland, Oregon - Atlas Obscura

2 Likes

Are you saying that building (or what’s left of it) would want to drive one of the sticks that surround it?

2 Likes

ALL OF THESE RESPONSES…

Nah I’m almost old myself, I didn’t own my first automatic until a couple years ago.

2 Likes

Are you familiar with this particular building?

2 Likes

No, but now I want to go there.

4 Likes

I wish electric vehicles would add a stick shifter, so I can feel in control. :wink:

3 Likes

Only thing to drive. Taught my daughter too.

7 Likes

I’m not old, but I was told I can’t be a racecar driver if I can’t drive a stick shift. It then translated to me being a better rider than at least half the boys :relieved: team GSXR :motorcycle:

3 Likes

All my kids are learning to drive stick on both an old VW (easy) and a '65 F-100 (harder).

5 Likes