Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Zoom Lens

What happened to Woot being a place to get great discounts??? This EXACT lens WITH accessories is CHEAPER all over the internet. Places like 42nd Street Photo has it for $649. Even AMAZON has it for $619!!! Apparently, one of the only places that isn’t cheaper than Woot is from Canon’s own store… SMH

Make sure you’re looking at the same lens. I’m seeing $999 on Amazon.

$545.40 at this retailer.
http://acamerapackages.com/index.php?id_product=307&controller=product

I really considered getting this lens the last time they offered it, but it seems it has a high failure rate for some aperture cable inside, which is a costly fix out of warranty. It also can be found cheaper outside woot.

Well, here is the one from 42nd Street Photo for $649:

And here it is on Amazon for $619: http://www.amazon.com/24-105mm-Digital-Cameras-filter-Microfiber/dp/B016ZHCWDO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1454957137&sr=8-3&keywords=canon+ef+24-105mm+f%2F4+l+is

Only difference is the one on Amazon is a “white box” vs. the Canon packaging…I don’t think a box is worth $80, is it?

I’m not going to buy camera equipment from a site I don’t know. There are a lot of bait and switch sites. If the price on a piece of equipment is significantly lower than that of B&H Photo, I wouldn’t do it.

In fact, I wouldn’t buy a lens anywhere except there. I would from Amazon.com if they didn’t collect sales tax, but they do.

That’s from a third party vendor. It may be gray market or not have a manufacturer’s warranty. So, yes, it’s worth spending $80 from a place you know will actually ship and and you know you’ll actually have a warranty.

I purchased this and what arrived today is the much cheaper Canon EF24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM lens. NOT HAPPY WOOT!

Sorry for the delayed reply. If you haven’t yet, email support@woot.com with your order info. CS can help get things resolved for you.

What’s even more disturbing is that I was given 2 options to deal with this problem, the first being to accept a $70 refund and keep the lens I never wanted. B&H sells the cheaper lens new for $100 less than I paid. Obviously I took the second option, full refund.