Canon DC40 DVD Camcorder

ehhh still expensive when you can get camcorders on ebay for about half this price

Is it just me, or does sellout.woot.com sometimes take you straight to woot’s page instead of redirecting you to yahoo?

I think when you are logged in, it does this. I was wondering if I was the only one it was doing this too as well. I guess not.

it’s been sending me direct every time lately, and I haven’t been logged in, so I’m guessing that they changed the settings …

A new format may be out but this won’t be dead, it’s not going to just disappear. My roomate still has a hi 8 and he still uses it and it works fine, and guess what!! we can still view the videos, talk about a format thats dead and it still works holly crap.

Think about it, the computer you are using is going to be “dead” in 2 years. The cell phone i just bought will be “dead” in two years. The sournd sound system I got for christmas will be “dead” in 2 years. If you buy electronics now they will be “dead” in 2 years. So if you are scared of that you should never buy any electonics agian.

You can’t capture and edit the raw footage from these DVDs. It’s already compressed and it comes out like crap.

Unless that’s what you’re going for, and in that case, have at it!

Does is have Blue ray or HD-DVD drive ? I dont think it does. I think you should read this first

whats a “4:3 ration” ?? =P

don’t believe it is anything more than a ‘glitch’…
does it to me about once every 5+ times i log on…

I’m saddened to find no mention of being ready to have my guts kicked out in the item description, after such a wonderful title today.

for all 181 of you that bought the sc101 hope it dont BOSD your computer like it did to this guy, check out this article its really funny i feel just like this guy when im talking to customer support sometimes.

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/17/netgear-storage-central-kills

4 tablespoons of peanut butter to 3 tablespoons of jelly?

Think of it ths way…16:9 is widescreen. 4:3 is standard format.(fullscreen)

I think he was talking about the fact that it said “ration”, not “ratio.”

::Cat like typing detected::

ouch

This seems like a very nice deal to me, why is it not selling, what am i missing?

This review is for a DC100 camcorder, not DC40.

Just received this camcorder but have not tried it out yet as it is a gift. The manual has no information about transfer of video to computers with MacOS 10 - it supplies a Roxio software CD for XP only and another CD with generic-looking software. Does anyone have any experience using this camcorder to transfer video to a Mac with iMovie and/or iDVD? I’m guessing it will work fine, but Canon was too lazy to test it. The manual seems to indicate that a microSD card will only store still photo files, not video files. Also, do laptops with slot disc uptakes have any problem with mini-DVDs, as opposed to the drawer-type disc holders? Thanks for any info.