Canon EOS 70D DSLR Kit with 18-55mm Lens

Thanks for the heads up on the refurb. I was able to get the refurb 70D and refurb speedlite 430 EX II flash for the same price of the woot deal(which is awesome for new).

I bought this camera with the 18-135 STM new from Amazon a few months ago. Also bought the 10-18 STM lens. These STM lenses have awful top-end aperture (the 18-55 is f3.5-5.6) but it does at least have IS.

The camera is AMAZING. The autofocus is so fast, and very quiet with the STM lenses. You can hardly notice it in the on-camera audio (which you shouldn’t use, but loud internal camera noises can cause problems with syncing the audio in post).

All in all this is a great camera. If I needed another one I’d probably buy it. Just be sure to test it out really well when you get it. I ordered a Canon L lens from Woot and it came defective. I had to send it back for a refund.

Full frame or crop, I went back and forth until I saw this article/video

http://dedpxl.com/crop-or-crap-math-or-moment/

Thanks for this :smiley:

I think this calls for an ND filter.

where did you find the body ?

while doing some comparison shopping, i found you can get the 70D body only for $799 new, just in case you’re upgrading and want to save $50, and not have yet another 18-55 lens laying around.

This is a GREAT deal for NEW, Lens + Body. I’m considering pulling the trigger, then I got a backup lens too.

I shoot professionally with my 650D, this would be a huge upgrade.
[/quote]