Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR
$399.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

hmmmm

hmmmm?

hmmmm?

I think he should score a quality post for that comment.

Hmmmm.

That would give him a 16% QP rating. He posts sparingly.

I agree . . . Hmmmmmmmmm

Aaaaaahhh…

Ooooooooo…

I purchased this camera a year ago in a black Friday sale from Target for $599 as a kit with this lens as well as a telephoto lens. Since the digital revolution I’ve only had point and shoot (several Canon Powershot models over the years). If you want more than your basic point and shoot this is a good option and a great price. Several “serious” photographers have looked at it with “oh… it’s a T3” of disappointment. I’ve taken it on several trips and have usually used the auto settings and I’ve been pleased with the results and amazed at the battery life (I use the option where the image only shows on the screen for a moment after you take a photo).

I see that you are all trying to out do each other for the most informative post.

Wouldn’t the appropriate response be “Cheeeeese!”?

Off to check out reviews!

Here’s my take on it - there’s nothing wrong with this camera at this price, but it isn’t, IMHO, a good enough deal. The camera is capable, solid, and in reality a very decent entry level prosumer DSLR that I have enjoyed shooing with - it is a workhorse and I have found it to be very reliable. But Canon makes much better for not much more money. Heck, I own a bridge camera that gives me better images than this camera that I picked up for $125.00 new on closeout. Of course, there are advantages here with the T3, not the least of which is interchangeable lenses and better video.

But I’m just “Hmmmmm” at the offer.

Even $50 less would have me in for one, at $100 less I’d buy several.

As it sits, it isn’t tripping my trigger.

Yup.

Yup.

I bought this back when it was on sale before and I have been very pleased with it so far. You will definitely want to get another lens for zoom. I’m saving up for one now. However, the quality of the photos is good enough that I can crop it and it doesn’t lose any clarity. I’m still learning all the manual settings; I’m mostly using auto settings at this point and I’ve been pleased with those, also. Battery life has been good, too.

Edited to add two pictures I’ve taken with it.

I wouldn’t be at all unhappy if someone were to buy this camera as a gift for me.

waits

Really- someone go ahead.

crickets