Canon EOS Rebel XS 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm IS Lens

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Canon EOS Rebel XS 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm IS Lens
$399.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Bought this exact camera and lens kit from Amazon back in February. Cost was $479+tax, so this is a solid deal. Great camera, and I’m only enjoying the entry-level features so far.

This is the perfect camera for upgrading from point-and-shoot to SLR. You’ll notice the negligible response time, which is essential when trying to photograph children.

Decent battery life… under low-average to average use, we only have to charge the battery once a week. Over two weeks if left on standby.

Just bought a zoom lens when it came up as a lightning deal a few weeks ago.

Bottom line, thrilled with the purchase. If you are looking to go from P/S to SLR, this is your camera.

Looks like the comments are (sort-of) working now?

Really curious about this camera. Kinda tempted to get it.

This looks like it may be a while

I’ve owned this camera before and hated it. The XSi is far better. you cannot use a wireless remote to control this one and it doesn’t have the sensor that automatically turns off the display when you put your eye up to the viewfinder. You’ll be far happier with a used XSi instead of this one.

COMMENTS!!!

wish I wasn’t broke as I would be interested in this camera

[Google Product Link](Canon - Google Search EOS Rebel XS&tbm=shop)

amazing…I simply think “we’ve been waiting for a deal on an entry-level dslr” and BAM…woot delivers…

I wasn’t seeing this camera on black friday for less than $479, which is also the current price on amazon. I wish I had the money right now…

fgsfgdsf

Really solid reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-XS-Digital-18-55mm-Black/dp/B001CBKJGG

…not a super great price.

Was anyone else skeeved-out by the description/story on this one? Or should I say “Steved-out”?

From the description…“Display-Off sensor automatically turns the LCD monitor off whenever the camera is at the photographer’s eye, to save power and reduce visual distractions”

Maybe updated firmware or something?

Have it. Like it. Buy it.

Very disappointed Woot. This same setup can be had for $370 shipped from a number of online retailers. Save your $ folks…

where is the bag of crap?

so… start thinking Bag of Crap!!