Canon EOS Rebel XS 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm IS Lens

Have one paid $800 for it… anyway this is a great camera the only problem with it is that you have to use the viewfinder you can’t just look at the screen to take the picture.

My. Most. Expensive. Woot. Evar.

Still, my wife’s been bugging me for one of these for a while now, so lets hope she’ll like her seasonally appropriate token of appreciation this year.

$80 off the mothership’s regular price:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-XS-Digital-18-55mm-Black/dp/B001CBKJGG

Looks like 20% off from Amazon’s price: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-XS-Digital-18-55mm-Black/dp/B001CBKJGG
Reviews look pretty solid there

I have noticed that some on here can tell how many units on hand/are left of the sale item. Where is that info or is it extrapolated?

Bestbuy has the T3 on sale for 469 right now. All of the reviews I’ve found favor it heavily, but indicate that the XS is comparable.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-T3-vs-Canon_EOS_Digital_Rebel_XS

Sell for $370. On amazon

Uses an SD card instead of the CF Cards other Canon cameras used in the past.

Also good to note that it’s called the 1000D elsewhere outside the US/CAN, this could be helpful if you’re looking for reviews online.

THE FORUMS…THEY ARE ALIVE!!!

Wish I hadn’t bought one for myself for my wife’s birthday!

Ditto here - love the camera, though. And hey, thanks, Woot for finally letting us speak.

You can go to snapsort.com to compare it to similar entry-level DSLR cameras, it’s pretty well done although some pricing are off so you should double check if it looks too good to be true.
I’m on the market for one myself but I’ve settled on the T3 and I’m not in a hurry so I’ll pass one this one but maybe I’ll consider it again in a few months.

Also the cheaper prices you find online don’t include the lens if I’m not mistaking

479.99 on Walmart.com for exact same camera & lens. Could use a backup camera, but all my lenses, flash are Nikon!

Those amenities are certainly nice.
I’ve owned and used many different cameras, mostly from cannon, from my 300d to 10d, 20d, 30d, 1, 5, 5mk2.

I have to say, though, that if you just want to take good quality family pictures, and even some very professional looking one, and you aren’t concerned with 1:1 crop, then this camera offers all that you need without the extra costs.

If I were just beginning, I wouldn’t minding saving a few hundred bucks by grabbing this, and then buying a nicer lens.

I own this camera and love it. That’s a good price although you might find yourself wanting to add a longer lens later.

T3 newer technolgy, same price or marginally more

This camera is amazing and everyone should buy 3 of them

Yes, the infrared remote sensor is the one thing missing from this camera. When taking our holiday photos, I had to set the timer and run into the shot. Minor detail that was not a dealbreaker for me.

Links please.

You can find “like new” kits like this on ebay for $100 less - all day long. The old new vs. used delima … happy shooting!

I have this camera. It’s amazing. Too good for me. I need a class on how to use it properly. Even though I barely know what I’m doing, I’ve gotten some great photos. Highly recommended…