Canon Wireless AIO Business Printer

Per the vendor: The Scanner will work if the ink runs out providing that the printer is connected to a PC.

Good advice. But I’m already using static IPs and still have the drop-out.

Win 10 auto-updated today. I haven’t tried reinstalling the printer or renaming one of my SSIDs since. It’s on my weekend to do list. (UPDATE: I tried it. Success! I don’t know what the Win10 update included, tho.)

I bought this printer when it first came out a couple of years ago.

If you are going to hardwire this printer, it is probably fine. IT may be fine if you only use Android or Windows devices, I don’t know. However, this printer drops wifi connection frequently, making Airprint with any Apple products nearly impossible. It is a known issue. It is the bane of my wife and I’s existence. Whenever you need it, it cannot connect.

We recently replaced this printer with an HP product.

Afterwards we went Office Space on this printer-kicking, baseball bat, and finally, because this is Texas- a shotgun. Yes, we drove this printer to a ranch outside Dallas specifically to blow it away. It was quite satisfying.

This is my first post on woot. I feel compelled to share my experience with this piece of cr@p

UPDATE:
I determined that my printer and Dell Optiplex could only connect to the 2.4GHz band, while the Asus laptop can connect to both 2.4 and 5, and defaults to the 5GHz.

So, I renamed my 5GHz band, and connected our smartphones to it, since we don’t print from those.

I kept the 2.4GHz band with the original name. I used some free utility to see what channels my neighbors are using, then picked something different (channel 9, if you’re curious). I ran thru the network connection settings on the printer, and reinstalled the software on the laptop. SUCCESS! (connected & test page printed)

I’m hoping that forcing the PCs and printer to use the 2.4GHz band, and changing the channel to reduce interference, helps keep the connection stable and prevent future drops.

I have this printer which replaced a broken MK710 which I was very happy with. I did not realize when I bought it that it does not have a rear tray. Wish I had realized it before I bought it. The cartridges don’t last very long compared to the MX710. Still… this is a decent reliable printer.

I’ve never ordered from WOOT. Is there a way yo see final cost including shipping before actually placing the order? This printer is more expensive in the stores.

from above:
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Apparently no expedited shipping offers on this one.
Does not matter apparently how many things you put in the shopping cart, when you purchase the item(s), $5 covers everything.
The exception is wine.woot, shipping free