Canon ZR800 MiniDV Camcorder

Canon ZR800 MiniDV Camcorder
$109.99 + $5 shipping

condition: Refurbished

pricing for future reference

Froogled

got this same cam a couple of months ago from woot. pretty decent for the price.

I also got one the last time it was offered. Agreed, nice for the price.

that is a good price… i have my brothers b-day coming up and he was asking for one… woot. nice timing!!

sucks…

I bought the more expensive one that woot offered a while back for $300… the Canon DC40 - and I’m not really happy with it, although it was new, not refurb…

Because they haven’t sold out.
If they could sell all of them, there wouldn’t be a need to show it again.

I bought one of these the last time they were offered. Good cheap cam - the only thing wrong is that the IEEE-1394 plug is inop. I wouldn’t trust re-furrby QC from Canon again.

Since someone always asks,

This camera does NOT do analog-to-digital passthrough.

That’s too bad. Mine works. Have you tried a different cable?

dang, that’s a good price. I had to get one for class about 6 or 7 months ago, and I bought this very one from Best Buy for almost 200 bucks, not including tapes and a tripod.

What’s the difference between this ZR800 and the ZR500 I bought from Woot a year ago?

This one has a 35x zoom, yours 25x.

Yours does have analog to digital passthrough, I think.

$10 bucks more than last time?

Thanks. I was considering it til I read your comment.

Why would they not give it analog-to-digital passthrough… geez.

I bought one from Newegg several weeks ago for about $50 more. I got all kind of noise when taping, so I just sent it to a Canon Factory Service Center. Hopefully they can fix it. A real positive about this camcorder is that it has a microphone jack.

I bought this from Woot last time it was offered, and have used it for my nephew’s birthday and a recent trip to Florida. It works quite well; the camera feels good in your hands, and the zoom is quick. The reviews suggest that there is a lot of audio “bleed”, with the sounds of the tape motor being picked up on the tape, but this has never happened to me. I definitely reccomend this as a solid, no-frills camera.

300?

not really a good deal. u pay $ 33.99 extra and get a brand new one with one year warranty!!!