Canon ZR800 MiniDV Camcorder

I just ordered one of these. I need to order a 1394 cable. Could someone who already owns one please tell which cable I need to get? Male or female ended cables? Thanks

Happens to be on sale on newegg at the moment.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120090

That’s about $30 more, brand new, with a limited 30day warantee.
Other options to extend that, though they cost more.

Bought this a couple months ago when it was on Woot. Love it. No problems. Great for the money.

Add me to the “got this the last time it was offered” club… it was only $99 last time though (on 2/28). Haven’t had any issues with it, seems like a good cheap cam.

Also, if you need a cheap firewire cable for it, check here… this is the exact one I got for this camera and it works fine.

Seems like a great little handy cam but as posted it’s only 30 more on newegg for a new one.
Anyone know how long the battery lasts? Anything over 2 hours is good for these little batteries.
Even the new hd canons have just 2 hours battery life. Of course, one could always pick up a spare.
On the fence again.

Any way to get a warranty extension - or any kind of decent warranty - for this puppy?

Damn, would have liked one of these… Been looking for a Cannon too! LOL serves me right for forgetting at midnight and not checking until now.

Shipping and all said and done it’s about $38…nice that it’s new but that equates to about 25% more, one of the things I look at a lot of times but that’s also when it’s available still. New w/30 days wouldn’t have been worth a $38 increase and I’m more scared of a new product with 30 days than a refurb. :-/ Decisions… .I’ll have to look around a bit more. :slight_smile:

I have no interest in this product, I just dropped in to say this:

It’s humorous descriptions like this that keep the woot sites on my “daily stops” list.
That’s just pure gold.
Good job w00t!

I would’ve bought this had it been Vista compatible.

I just noticed the link posted above for a 1394 cable. That’s not the cable that I needed - that above link goes to a 4P-4P male cable. I do have the one I needed.

My computer has the larger standard 1394 jack (roughly the same outward size as a standard USB jack, but they are not the same), and the camera has a mini jack, about 1/4 inch wide.

The larger standard jack is called a 6P (6 pin) and the mini jack is called 4P (4 pin). They’re both considered to be “1394” type.

So, I needed a 6P male to 4P male cable.

Here’s the link from that company for that cable at 3 feet long:

IEEE-1394 FireWire iLink DV Cable 6P-4P M/M - 3 ft (BLACK)

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10301&cs_id=1030102&p_id=38

Oh yeah, I have 3 different known working cables and 4 different computers with working firewire :\ tried em all and no dice. I have a video capture card that has an RCA plug so that’s working for me. Like I said, I couldn’t beat the price.