Carbon Express Intercept Supercoil Crossbow Kit

Daryl Dixon uses a junior crossbow. He could not pull this thing by hand. He lacks the upper body strength. When it says “175lb draw weight” that means you need to be able to at a minimum lift 175lbs with your arms only while bent over. Trust me, that’s tough for a lot of people. I have a different crossbow with a 185lb draw weight and it took me a year of working out before I could draw it by hand.

All the victims of the Bowling Green massacre were killed by crossbows

It is a formidable weapon. It will sling a bolt downrange at 365 feet per second and drive through just about anything it hits. I have a similar bow, 185lb draw-375ft/sec. You need a lot of upper body strength to hand-c 0 c k (stupid woot blocks the normal spelling) it. It uses a rope c o c k and that still requires some strength, but not near as much. It, if like most, has an automatic safety so it sets the safety when cocked and won’t fire or go off safe unless you put a bolt in place. It will be louder than a CO2 pellet gun when it fires. It will go through most targets that a normal bow only slightly penetrates so be prepared to search for bolts and buy more as it will destroy the fleching quickly unless your target stops the bolt. The are very accurate. 25 yards and you will put bolts within a inch of each other. I guess that’s about it.

This guy likes it and gave it a great review: Bean Outdoors Product Pick Carbon Express Supercoil LT Crossbow - YouTube

[youtube=tzZ1KU_Jt8k][/youtube]

[TT: embedded vid]

Read all about it here.

I like pizza, can I hunt pizza with this?

Your eye is going to be the least of your problems if you get shot in the eye.

I guess selling shoes and stuff got boring. Woot is now getting into the exciting world of deadly weapons. Just wait until you see tomorrow’s sale on RPG launchers.

Yes, it is a very good crossbow.

I can attest to the piercing power of a crossbow. When I was a kid 50yrs ago, my father made a crossbow, nothing fancy like this, just a stock and simple bow, but it had 125lb draw weight. While test-firing simple (cheap) wooden arrows we were stunned to find that they would go through a bale of hay, 1/2" plywood, then imbed halfway through another piece of 1/2" plywood 20’ away. Yeah, it went through our regular archery backstop and both sides of our garage the first time Dad shot it! Our 40lb recurve bows stuck the same arrows only halfway through the same hay bale.
And that was 125lb with junk arrows, this is 175lb! BE CAREFUL!!!
BTW we mounted a fishing reel on the old crossbow and used fiberglass bolts to shoot carp the next few summers—Yum, smoked carp! (About the only way to eat carp.)

One of the product or front page writers, can’t remember which, was on the Millionaire Matchmaker a couple years ago…

:frowning: I’m so sorry.

Ooooh, snarky this morning?

Where ya been? We’ve been selling crossbows for a couple years now. It’s a sport. :slight_smile:

Crack is deadly.

I know you meant no harm, but please be careful. Unfortunately, there are lots of twisted minds on the internet who would have decided on murder if not for their chances of getting away with it.

Grow up. People feed their families using these things.

I’ll gladly wait for a home made trebuchet to fling bundled RPG books and game boxes at my neighbors.

thwump
maniacal laughter
Muahaha! Eat 50lb of flaming hot Rifts, Kevin! That’ll teach you park in front of my mailbox, not bring anything to the block party, and mowing your lawn at 7am!

Honey - reload with the GURPs bundle - time to really drive home the point!

I scrolled down to make a similar, less well thought out, less funny version of this post.

Thank you for getting here before me!

Unless you’re in the midwest! Everyone has guns and crossbows

Name 2.