Carbon Express Intercept Supercoil Crossbow Kit

Is it me, or does Woot have this in open box for $107 less?

Actually, it is. zombies (walking dead people, idiots with smart phones notwithstanding) don’t exist.

Gunpowder isn’t difficult to manufacture yourself however modern firearms use smokeless powder which is much, MUCH, more difficult mostly because of the nitrocellulose and its unstable nature.
Most modern firearms aren’t designed to use black powder, so in a SHTF scenario you would be better off going with one of the original black powder cartridges like .45 Colt/Long Colt, 30-30, 44-40, etc but your 308 precision rifle or .223/5.56 AR isn’t going to work with the powder you could make in your hidey hole.
Powder wouldn’t be your bigger problem however, primers would be. Manufacturing them by hand is tedious and the results are a crapshoot at best.

I used to sell these crossbows they are a very good product Carbon Express is a very reliable brand in the archery business. The only thing to remember is to never dry fire or it will be a pretty terrible day for you!

disappointed that WOOT is selling an item that has no other purpose than to kill.

I respect hunters, those that eat what they kill, or reduce predatory animals that are a danger, but I don’t think a deal of the day site known for its “shenanigans” should sell such a powerful weapon.

You shouldn’t buy it, then. Sounds like it’s not for you.

I’m glad that you have nothing to say about what the rest of us can do, though.

Dangit, the new “open box” is sold out.

I’ve got two handguns and an AR-15. Had them for years. Never killed anything with them. Some people just really enjoy target practice.

Now my shotgun is a different story . . .

Open box products are normally less because they do not carry the normal manufacturer’s warranty. I see the deal sold out fast!

Had to weigh in on this. This thing is 175lb draw. Anything you made with a stick and a rock would turn to splinters the second you pulled the trigger and would be much more likely to hurt you than whatever you point it at! I have a crossbow (and many guns) and I love to speculate about the zombie apocalypse and trust me when I tell you, this thing would be next to useless in a zombie situation.

It takes a good many seconds to reload even with practice. Each time you need to put the end on the ground, put your foot in the stirrup, and pull the string hard. Like 175 lbs hard. It will take even longer if you need to use the rope cocker, which most people probably need to do. Bottom line is that the guy with the crossbow either drops it and runs after the first shot (maybe 2?) or gets eaten while loading it.

Also, it isn’t silent. Not nearly as loud as a gun, but I’d put the noise on par with slamming a car door.

Now, it may have some utility in picking off stragglers from cover, but not in actual combat. Honestly, if there were no bullets around, I’d take a good makeshift spear over my crossbow if I needed to defend myself.

Shhh…don’t tell them. They may need a safe_space to cope…lol

Yeah, because crafting a bolt out of a stick and a sharp rock that will actually work in a crossbow is a 30 second procedure. I’ll take the shotgun any day, all day.

Good lord. You could take a lot of items on here and bludgeon someone with them. So I guess that’s preferable to a crossbow.

Nobody cares what you think.

Assuming you had to hunt game during a zombie apocalypse, which we acknowledge will never happen (safe spaces hopefully obtained by now), would you rather use a shotgun or crossbow?

As for the trolls offended by this sale item, DO NOT venture to Sports & Outdoors or Home & Kitchen. There you will find the items used to actually process the food this item could potentially harvest. Beware the Dyson, and the many dust mites and flees it has imprisoned and slain!

you do…thats why you commented on it.

Let’s use our nice words.

This is flat-out, bar-none THE best weapon to use if you want to piss off a bear.

What is the doable range for deer hunting. This crossbow seems to have a lot more firepower (366fps) than the average crossbow