Cardo Scala 600 Bluetooth Headset with Car Charger

Generally, yes. If your device, such as a phone or PS3 or whatever has a BT transmitter, this will work.

I have a BT dongle on one of my desktop computers. I use one of my headsets [the iBlu that I bought on Woot] to talk on Skype.

Most of these headsets are designed to work on any device with BT. I suspect they say “almost any device” to address crappy Chinese stuff from two or three years ago, which talk, well… “Chinese” and not BT, so to speak, literally :slight_smile:

Crude? like crude oil, unrefined headset? maybe I need 3.

Yep. First two I bought wouldn’t charge. Just got two more in the mail today (different brand). Crossing fingers.

If the ones I got today don’t work, then no more bluetooth from Woot.

Yes, it will work with PS3. PS3 is very compatible with most of today’s BT devices, you’ll just miss any stereo sound.

Thanks MichaelSF! Getting the PC dongle is a great idea too.

I think the idea is to look for the cheapest place you can find it and compare it to the woot price (not the most expensive).
eCost has just the headset for $2.99!

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=40140876&source=EWBBASE&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=40140876

TWG

I bought six of the iBlu when they were on Woot in December. Of those 1 did not work. But they were about $8 each. Since all the others worked [and sounded great] that worked out to a good deal for headsets. Gave four of them away.

Also bought Philip’s BT stuff, all have worked well.

But at the price for this, what I call a no name brand, I’d wait until others come up, for under $8 each.

I don’t get this Woot. Seems Woot is listing some stuff lately that is not that sweet a deal. Maybe they got someone new who thinks Wooters will pay any price as long as it is on Woot [assumption that it must be a deal.]

Either that or they better fire the buyer who is paying too much for stuff like this.

I suspect it is the former. Woot’s seeing how much of a killing they can make on stuff like this, for which they paid $1 each, if that.

I digress.

I have this bluetooth headset and I can honestly say it’s horrible. I can only wear for 30mins or so before it starts hurting my ear. I can hear just fine, but the person on the other side can’t hear me very well. And the voice recognition is a joke. I wouldn’t use it unless you want to continually repeat yourself, did you say John, no, repeat yourself, Did you say mom, no, repeat yourself, Did you say Larry, no, repeat yourself. It’s a cheap set, but I would only buy it if your really NEED to blow cash.

Funny and correct.

And good find. Although I have heard bad things about eCost. But $3 has got to be the lowest price around. [Assuming their shipping is not $15.]

so I checked out the ecost headset for 2.99 and got all the way to the last click before i would buy it and the grand total is 12.30, sorry woot i guess you lost this round (just have to deal with slightly slower shipping is my guess)

thanks for the heads up, except one thing isnt the voice recognition problems on your phones end? anyway i think i am gonna pass tonight, the last headset i had was to quiet also, and that was my least favorite cnet reviewer anyway

Is there shipping slower than SmartPost?

i cant say for certain, becuase i have had good (1-3 day) luck with woot and bad (forever…or like 2-3 weeks) luck with woot. but generally i get stuff pretty speedy from woot, that is why i said that, not because i think ecost is too slow

Still having fun with the other ones I wooted around Xmas. Gimme a few more months and maybe…gnite

The best bt set I have used yet. period. I lost it once (it fell out of my car) for two weeks. It survived rain and sun on pavement, and works as if its still brand new. It sounds better than the motorola one I tried and is more comfortable than the plantronics one I bought during the two week hiatus my cardo took. I bought mine for $60 and will buy another one now just incase I lose my other one again. Hope this helps!

True. When I order with smart post the item gets routed through L.A. From personal experience, the item has a 50-50 chance of leaving L.A. and getting to me. My guess is that they send each package through the prison system to be evaluated by each inmate, and if no one there wants it, I get it, eventually.

I hate mine, sound quality is the pits.

ahhh…patience grasshopper…the ecost one does not come with with the car charger, you have much to learn

They always tease with the Groucho glasses.

i bought 2 of the iBlu’s…they worked horrible with my LG phones; worse BT’s i have ever bought…intermittent signal, poor volume, the other side couldn’t hear me loud enough; and both worked the same way…gave them away with hope they would work good enough with another brand…

i am now leery in trying a no-name BT now…

I bought this headset a while back when it was offered on woot. I actually bought two of them. Overall I would rate this headset as good. The battery life is nice. Not the best mind you, but you can definitely get several days of average use before even thinking about a recharge. The range you can get from your phone is about average (from what I have read). I have heard that some head sets barely reach beyond arms length, but with this one I am able to walk around my home office without any static or interference.

The features are pretty standard for a bluetooth headset so nothing to praise or complain about there. Besides I only use it to answer calls. Where the cardo scala really is just average, as mentioned before, lies with its sound and mic quality. They don’t sound bad but there is something that is just off not bad off but just off. I think the speaker and mic may have a narrower range of sound so your voice and the person you are talking to sound a little squashed maybe? (I am not an audiophile by any means)

I never had a problem with the set hurting my ear. I usually put it on in the morning when i start working and take it off at lunch and then again when I stop working for the day several hours later. I usually forget I have it on until someone calls and it scares me. (but it should be noted I have a high pain tolerance and the ability to completely ignore slightly uncomfortable things, sensitive ear people beware)

In all, I made a good purchase and for the price you can’t do much better. Apparently, Cardo makes some really top notch motorcycle communications gear. They have a rep for making quality products and standing behind them.

So for the price and value I would definitely recommend unless you have sensitive ears or need to listen to music/orator auditions over bluetooth. :slight_smile: