Caricature Chardonnay (6)

Caricature Chardonnay 6-Pack
Sold by: LangeTwins Family Winery and Vineyards
$59.99 $114.00 47% off List Price
2014 Caricature Chardonnay, Lodi

…and it can’t ship to NM. What are the rules and why do they feel so arbitrary?

Edit: The winery can ship directly to me but Woot cannot? Does not compute.

I was very excited to receive a golden ticket and a bottle of 2014 Caricature Chardonnay. My son was in town for a long weekend so he and my husband also sampled the wine, which we all agreed had great artwork on the front label.

After laying the bottle down for 2 days we opened it and poured our first glasses. The wine was a light, pale straw color. I got aromas of melon and apple while my son got pear and a slight oak smell. To me, the initial taste was slightly sweet with a slight bitter, dry finish. My son thought it had a slightly sweet up front taste then dried out. He felt it had a rich mouth feel but in a blind taste test would not guess chardonnay. We had some spicy hummus and pretzels which really brought out the oaky taste. We guessed this would retail around $12 to $13. Hubby, who only drinks beer and champagne, said it tasted bitter. I felt this was a little too sweet and oaky for my taste, although I would not turn down a glass if offered.

And from Wine Enthusiast:

Caricature 2014 Chardonnay (Lodi)
88 POINTS
Richness and near-sweetness are the main personality traits of this full-bodied and quite viscous wine. With oodles of ripe pear, peach and vanilla flavors, it should be great with aged cheeses and fruit desserts. 4/1/16

fwiw :wink:

This seems like a good deal, but I’d really like to see more specs. Tried to find a spec sheet on their website, to no avail.

Of specific interest is the RS.

New Mexico appears to be on the list… now at least.

RS is 4.27 g/L, Let me know if you are interested in any of the other specs.

Thanks for tasting the wine! It is better suited for those who like a bit of oak and some sweetness to their Chardonnay.

Thanks for dropping in.

I would start off with stating that we enjoyed this wine. It is fruit forward with the taste of Mellon, pear, vanilla and American oak.
This wine is a true value at the price offered.
Enjoy

Is this a late-arriving “grape debater” review, or did you just happen to have tasted this wine previously? In either case, thanks for the comments, they could come in handy in the event this wine shows up for sale again.